'Adventure' comic, anyone?

Yeah, I remember that feature fleetwood, don't think I read it much though. Mulling over these comics, remember the 'Film Fun', remember when, in a strip, the artist would depict a plate of sausage and mash, and have the mash in a big heap on the plate and all the sausages poking out the top. That was such an enduring picture in my mind that when I ever have sausage and mash, it's got to be like that. Hey, we all have our eccentricities.

Yeah, I remember that feature fleetwood, don't think I read it much though. Mulling over these comics, remember the 'Film Fun', remember when, in a strip, the artist would depict a plate of sausage and mash, and have the mash in a big heap on the plate and all the sausages poking out the top. That was such an enduring picture in my mind that when I ever have sausage and mash, it's got to be like that. Hey, we all have our eccentricities.

Hi Texas,

My eccentricity was to have a Desparate Dan cow pie with the horns sticking out through the pie crust :thumbsup:.

With regards to the more "mature" comics, I used to prefer the Wizard and the Rover to either the Adventure or the Hotspur. But having said that I still did "swaps" to read the latter two!

Regards m.

'Cannonball Kid', and 'Limpalong Leslie'. Which comic were they in? I seem to remember 'Limpalong Leslie' being able to 'bend it like Beckham'. And of course the 'Cannonball Kid' used to hit the ball so hard it would burst.

And nobody has mentioned another great comic, the 'Knockout'. Trying to remember some of the characters in that fount of knowledge, I could only come up with 'Our Ernie'.