Junior Witter, awful performance.

Absolutely terrible. He underestimated his oppponent, looked tired, and had no bite or explosiveness. He hid behind his waving lead hand, jumping in with big inaccurate swings all night and I'm glad at least 2 of the judges scored it fairly.

There goes his chance of fighting Hatton, he looked like a bum tonight.

Absolutely terrible. He underestimated his oppponent, looked tired, and had no bite or explosiveness. He hid behind his waving lead hand, jumping in with big inaccurate swings all night and I'm glad at least 2 of the judges scored it fairly.

There goes his chance of fighting Hatton, he looked like a bum tonight.

Bloody hell, I forgot all about the fight.

I have to agree he looked awful. Im firmly in the Hatton camp but Witter is a much better fighter than he showed this evening.

The really unbelievable thing was that one of the judges scored Witter as having won by three clear rounds. :loopy:

I have to agree he looked awful. Im firmly in the Hatton camp but Witter is a much better fighter than he showed this evening.

The really unbelievable thing was that one of the judges scored Witter as having won by four clear rounds. :loopy:

i couldn't believe that judge. 115-112 to Witter he had it!!! I don't know how he came to that conclusion!

What Happened i thought Witter was hard as????

Witter deffo didnt fight up to his usual standards but dont take anything away from Bradley, he was a proper little powerhouse at the 140lb weight.

Witter was just plain awful, i was expecting big things from him, after the Harris fight, he just looked like he was cruising through the fight, no urgency, no clean punches, too many missed shots; not the showing of a world champion thats for sure!!

Maybe this defeat might wake him up and make him train harder and actually watch his opponents previous fights to see thier weaknesses. But at 34, he will have a mountain to climb to get another world title shot :cool:

The worst thing is, he thought he won the fight, i had him losing it by 3 rounds! :loopy:

I dont know what fight the judge who scored it to Witter was watching but it was a different one to everyone else :huh:

Yep, Witter was definitely beaten. Very good performance from Bradley, but he is no world beater. I wished Witter used the uppercut more as Bradley was exposed to it. To his credit, Bradley said he would offer Witter a rematch "if the money is right"! In modern boxing, that normally means no, but we shall see.

Witter, to me did not look slow. But his timing was awfully off. This could be a case of looking past Bradley and not training as hard, or age suddenly caught up with him. Lets be honest, his style is based on quick reflexes. And these do not lend themselves well to a fighter who is 34 years of age. But having said that, Witter has never been in wars whereby when a fighter leaves a part of himself in the ring by getting smashed up and they are never the same fighter again. Coupled with the fact that I hear he keeps himself fit all year round.

My take on it is to push hard for a rematch with Bradley in the US. It could be a blessing in disguise. I hope he does not drop back down to Euro level as I feel he is above that (not taking Saturday night into account). But then again, his style has never been popular as he is in the "who needs him" group of boxers, which is unfortunate for him.

According to boxing news, Witter's father is very ill and this has had an effect on him. He is open to fighting again for the Eurepean title against previous victim Branco (who took the title off Colin Lynes on Friday). But also pursuing a rematch with Bradley. Don't know if the American tv companies would want the latter though.

According to boxing news, Witter's father is very ill and this has had an effect on him.

I think it would have an effect on me as well. Not sure if Witter would have been allowed to call the fight off on just the facts that his dad was very ill

I think it would have an effect on me as well. Not sure if Witter would have been allowed to call the fight off on just the facts that his dad was very ill

It may have had a slight hinderance but I think Witter underestimated his opponent- this guy (Bradley) has watched Witter in fights and had a strategy- Witter did not. I wanted Witter to win only because he seems like a nice lad and my cousin went to school with him (also lived on the same street in Bradford). I also wanted him to make his money even if it was going to be late in career (like Joe Calzage has).

I doubt he will get a title shot now unless he goes crawling to Warren (like Audley H has done recently).