Tinsley Towers Postcards

Yes, just received my set through the letterbox the other morning. They look great and so I will be putting them somewhere safe.

where can you get these please?

Are Andrex printing these?

I think they give a little bit of character to the city and would like to see them stay .

Jilly69 - thanks for mentioning these.

Kipper - glad you like 'em.

zed217 (and anyone else who's interested) - there was a limited print run, and one set of the four postcards is being delivered to every household in Tinsley free of charge.

The postcards were printed as part of a project that we at Eventus are involved in, with Sheffield City Council, funded by Arts Council England. They were designed by Ali White, who is a photographer, writer and digital artist. Ali spoke to some local residents about how they perceive the towers, what they mean to them, and the place that they have in their lives (good or bad).

You might have seen the recent articles in the Sheffield Star or Sheffield Telegraph?

You can see the postcards on the BBC South Yorkshire website.

What next ... postcards of a municipal tip? :loopy:

There are some very attractive skips in the Tinsley area that they could make a feature of next time.

When the towers get demolished I bet somebody cashes in by selling bits of it on ebay complete with certificates of authenticity. Somebody out there will pay, it could be bigger than the Berlin Wall. No, I am not investing.

How sad can you get :loopy::loopy:

I would love a set of these. Where can i buy them please?

I would love a set of these. Where can i buy them please?

I'm sorry, they're not for sale - the limited print run was delivered to Tinsley households.