Next photo group meet

So, to include djelibeybi & green veggie we have either Park Hill Flats or Millhouses Park.

Your votes please!

I'm up for either of these, just need to get our skates on a finalise a date.

1st choice would be the park, like I said before I'd like a bit of colour but I'm still up for a visit to the flats if thats what people want. As for dates its either this Saturday or next, either is ok by me

OK let's take a quick vote and see where we end up. I'll start by saying Millhouses Park on Saturday May 31st

Can I add a vote to say 'prefer sundays'. Where, not bothered - it's all good.

I think if we where to do a modeling shoot would a studio not be a better option?
Not if there is more than one photographer and only one set of lights! For a Group Shoots [which is what this would be], you need a location that has many locations within a small area and preferably weather friendly if outside.

I'm interested either way, we can put a post in general discussion asking for people looking to get in to modeling?
You need to plan this a bit more carefully first before asking for subjects. As otherwise you may fall flat on your face.

I vote for Millhouses Park, and I'm available any day on this weekend or the next.

You need to plan this a bit more carefully first before asking for subjects. As otherwise you may fall flat on your face.

Before spending anytime organising it, it's beneficial to see what interest there is, otherwise we can spend a lot of time for nothing.

Also as pointed out in one of your posts in another thread, it could work in a studio, as the photographers can take turns, also a lot of studios offer guidance on lighting and posing etc, thought this would be a better option than amateur photographers with inexperienced models wandering around a park.

I think the important thing for a model shoot, whether in a studio or outdoors, is to figure out in advance roughly what you want to do and what you want to get out of it. That might dictate the sort of model or models you're looking for, the locations you could consider and the time you'll have to allow.

If you want to concentrate on light, which after all is what photography is all about, then either in or outdoors will present challenges in different ways, and you don't necessarily need 'dolly bird' models (tho in my view it sure helps :wow:). We could do with a rough idea of how many people are interested and exactly what they're interested in doing. I'm certainly up for it, either indoors or out - anything to get a bit more posing practice in different lighting conditions and with different people. Personally I'd probably prefer inexperienced models - more like a wedding scenario - tho I guess that more experienced ones would make it easier for photographers that aren't into the posing bit themselves.

So who else is interested and what do you fancy doing?

EDIT: Just started another thread about this - please reply there.

Can I add a vote to say 'prefer sundays'. Where, not bothered - it's all good.

Sundays are good for me, so lets say Millhouses Park and to still be the May meet it will have to be this Sunday.

So who's for Millhouses this Sunday?

Sundays are good for me, so lets say Millhouses Park and to still be the May meet it will have to be this Sunday.

So who's for Millhouses this Sunday?

Sundays are no good for me I'm at the ice rink with my daughter till 12.30

Saturday 31st is good for me though

Sundays are no good for me as I go walking with the walking group. So, a change to Sundays would mean myself, Mr Hemlock & the occasional green veggie wouldn't be able to come.:(

Saturday 31st is good for me as well.

________

Asimo

Edited by Hemlock

Saturdays are a bit hit or miss for me, the next couple should be OK though, so is it going to be the 31st then at Millhouses?