Next photo group meet

I really don't mind where we go but as Neogen said it needs deciding on soon so does anyone have somewhere they would like the group to visit? Hemlock have you managed to contact the castle market people?

Tried to think of a few ideas of places I haven't seen for a while, or ever, that are local and wheelchair friendly.

Bishops house/Meersbrook park/Graves park

Shepherds wheel/Endcliffe park/Bingham park

Abbeydale industrial hamlet

Mousehole forge/Rivelin valley

Manor castle

OK, I don't really know Sheffield that well to know what half of these places are like, but I'm game for any where whether it be the flats, York, Bakewell or any of the ones hockeybear mentioned? It just seems a bit quite on the meet front at the moment?

hockeybear can you give me a bit more info on the Abeydale Industrial hamlet?

I only listed those venues as ideas because we didn't seem to be deciding on anywhere, I didn't really do any research before posting. I found you some reading on the industrial hamlet and it looks like it is out as is the Shepherds wheel because neither of them open Saturdays

Here's the link anyway incase you want to visit on your own some day.

http://www.simt.co.uk/abbeydale/index.html

Looks like just me and you then hockeybear, I think the others have been abducted by aliens.

I'll come along to where ever.... and don't know the area well enough to suggest venues really.

Not abducted by aliens but instructed by Austr-aliens! We've been in Italy for the last 10 days - couple of days in Florence followed by a wedding photog workshop in a small town nearby with Jerry Ghionis (he's the Australian). The workshop was very (VERY) good but hard work - typically 12 hour days - some out shooting others in the classroom. (Luscious models in the Piazza di Signoria was fun :heyhey:)

But coming back to earth... we're unlikely to be able to make a weekend meeting this month so I'll keep quiet on the 'where?' discussions. We might make a June meeting tho.

Not abducted by aliens either, but dead computer syndrome for a few days. Has May nearly finished already? Well, come on gang, somewhere in Sheffield methinks so not much travel needed.

That means - Hockeybears suggestions or Parkhill flats.

Votes please.........

________

Expert insurance

Edited by Hemlock

Aren't Park Hill flats fenced off and a building site?

If not I would love to join a group visit.

Aren't Park Hill flats fenced off and a building site?

If not I would love to join a group visit.

Yes that's right it's being redeveloped. Steel fencing and barriers up at most places, but I think that some of the flats at the Talbot street end are still occupied.

Don't know about you guys but I think we need a bit of colour, so how about re visiting the Botanical gardens? With a little walking, (or driving), we could take in the Shepherds wheel in Bingham park as well. It is closed on Saturdays but that only means we cannot get inside the buildings, we can still see the water wheel, I think. :huh:

Thoughts?

If we can get access to the flats, sounds interesting.

Don't know about you guys but I think we need a bit of colour, so how about re visiting the Botanical gardens?

Good by me...more colour about now I would guess....

Though it would mean I'd have to by my tripod head (for the macro shots) sooner rather than waiting 'til one comes up cheap on ebay!