Anti Racism Wrist Bands

My Grandson has one, he has also got a Tsunami one, and a pink breast cancer one,the race one is black and white intertwined, a lot of people are making money from these bands ,they are buying them over the internet at something like a £1, and then selling them for £3 a time and not sending the money to the charities concerned. there are many of these bands on the go for various charities.

these bands seem to be some sort of fashion statement,and the idea is to co llect as many as you can,this would be great for the charities if the were receiving the money.

Originally posted by roughy101

My Grandson has one, he has also got a Tsunami one, and a pink breast cancer one,the race one is black and white intertwined, a lot of people are making money from these bands ,they are buying them over the internet at something like a £1, and then selling them for £3 a time and not sending the money to the charities concerned. there are many of these bands on the go for various charities.

these bands seem to be some sort of fashion statement,and the idea is to co llect as many as you can,this would be great for the charities if the were receiving the money.

I know, there was a thread about this recently with the Livestrong bands. People were selling them on eBay for stupid cash. Really is a bit wrong. Having said that, I think the people buying them at that price are equally to blame. The sellers wouldn't sell them unless people were willing to pay.

ebay shouldn't let them list the bands- OR if they do- take a larger cut of the money and send that to charity!!

The livestrong one's should be £1 - i have seen them going for a tenner on ebay!!

It's a shame it doesn't become a fashion craze when you see footballer wearing a poppy.

The people selling these band on Ebay should be ashamed of themselves, that are laughing in the faces of the people these bands are supposed to be helping.

Don't see the problem in somebody making any money out of selling them on ebay.

Someone has paid for the wristband at some point and that money will go to the charity.

if they didnt want people to sell them on ebay they would have made them available natiowide and never sell out of them. I called jjb in meadowhall and they said they sold out and wont be having any more in, so if someone wants one ebays there only hope and if the seller starts the auction at a penny and it goes for £10 thats not there fault

It just seems wrong to me, paying £1 for a charity item, then flogging it for £10 on Ebay and keeping all the money, I would feel guilty.

Apperently they should be stocked in sports shops across the country from tommorrow.