Anti Racism Wrist Bands

There are alot of fake wristbands about in all sorts of colours. Someone told me there was a shop somewhere around the bottom of the moor selling fake ones.

Genuine LiveStrong writsbands only come in yellow and have the word livestrong stamped into it any other colour with livestong on it are fakes.

Info on theses bands at nike . com / wearyellow or laf . org

I was brought up in a couple of well known black areas of Sheffield & Sheffield is one of the friendly cities of UK & I don't know any blacks or Pakistanis that aren't racist & I guarantee you you wont see any of them wasting money on the wrist bands not unless they are over paid footballers or over friendly people.

It sounds like a good idea these black and white bands, but what do they do with the money raised from the sale of these black and white bands. I can understand with the Lance Armstrong yellow ones as the money goes to cancer research. Maybe the money goes towards trying to educate people who knows, you could raise millions and millions of pounds but if someone wants to make monkey chants and throw bananas at a football match there going too regardless of if some footballers have a black and white band on.

Originally posted by gezmac

I was brought up in a couple of well known black areas of Sheffield & Sheffield is one of the friendly cities of UK & I don't know any blacks or Pakistanis that aren't racist & I guarantee you you wont see any of them wasting money on the wrist bands not unless they are over paid footballers or over friendly people.

Actualy I'm beginning to think sheffield isn't one of the most friendly places given the fact that 1 in 3 threads has a rascist or sexist element present. In fact I suspect it's people like yourself that keep Sheffield back from being a "proper city", and for that I'm glad my days here are numbered.

Try poking your nose out of your own community and see that in succesfull cities, people are more interested in bettering themselves than running others down.

(I do note the majority disagree with rascist / sexist remarks made).

Originally posted by kilauea

Actualy I'm beginning to think sheffield isn't one of the most friendly places given the fact that 1 in 3 threads has a rascist or sexist element present. In fact I suspect it's people like yourself that keep Sheffield back from being a "proper city", and for that I'm glad my days here are numbered.

Try poking your nose out of your own community and see that in succesfull cities, people are more interested in bettering themselves than running others down.

(I do note the majority disagree with rascist / sexist remarks made).

So i'm in wrong for telling the truth:confused:

So i'm in wrong for telling the truth:confused:

the truth or Your truth?...

To back up your statement as a truth as you put it, you will need to know a reasonable sample of black and asian people, have known them enough to assess them as being rascist and for this to count for every one of those individuals.

I think you'll agree that's somewhere short of likely. And as such is a sweeping rascist statement itself. I suspect your like others and are utterly ignorant of different cultures and probably read rascism into those that don't have it. I'm not saying that rascism does not exist within ethnic minorities, but statements like yours are an unhelpfull and unpalatable exauguration.

When you have lived as long as i have so close it's hard not to get to know them so it's the truth i speak, why does the truth wind you up?

When you have lived as long as i have so close it's hard not to get to know them so it's the truth i speak, why does the truth wind you up?

try harder...

Christ! Are you back again? What time do your lessons start this morning?

The wristbands were brought out because of the racist chanting that has been going on in football recently. In that situation the chants have only been aimed at black players.

Originally posted by f_g

so there ment to be in shops today... which shops?

As someone metioned earlier, JJB is probably a safe bet.

as i said earliet i called them up, theyve sold out and wont be getting any more in at all