Where do you get the best substantial burger in Sheffield?

One was recently reviewed in The Star and they were quite impressed with it. I think it was called Frankies and may be on Chesterfield Road or in that area anyway. I have never been myself but maybe you can read the review online and see what you think.

omg steer clear of this place

yesterdays food at tomorrows prices

its called swanky franks just of chesterfield road in woodseats

if you want a brief summary of quality and value just take the s of the name

the frog n parrot on division street do fantastic burger and pint very cheap but sadly not gonna suit you due to the kid no doubt ( not a kiddy friendly place )

of the places on london road yes there are a few worth trying (used to live that way) mainly take away places though.

Swanky Franks off Chesterfield Road is amazing! And kids eat free I think :)

Or OK Cafe on A1 South if you fancied a trip out - fantastic 50s themed restaurant with lovely milkshakes too! :)

try swanky frankys on woodseats kids eat free on monday nights aswell

The thread is four years old, her 'Kids' may now be at University lol

The thread is four years old, her 'Kids' may now be at University lol

The 'new' thread is in response to Goldstar's request on the 22 May 2012 as to if there is any news on burgers in Sheff etc...

Whats wrong with swanky franks, been a few times and always enjoyed it.

For the record, Crucible Corner do a nice homemade burger

Bleuugh, I'd rather eat my own foot than anything from that place.

Do you want fries with that?

Interesting thread :)

I'm genuinely surprised to hear it is such a challenge to find a good burger at a good price in the city of Sheff. Do I sense a business opportunity? :)

But I am grateful to this thread for now knowing where not to go!

Quite fussy with burgers myself. No matter how excellent the burger is, if it has a crunchy lumpy bit of gristle or bone tucked in there, I can't bring myself to take another bite for fear of another one.

I stopped eating BK Whoppers because in my experience 9/10 it'll have this problem. The only burger's I can generally guarantee won't have this is a BK Angus or most McD's stuff. I'm sure that's only because they grind their beef to death, it's probably still in there just better ground in. That I can cope with :)

Does anyone else find this, or am I just a freak with a weird phobia? (don't answer if non-constructive :D )

My family always enjoy the Rocky mountain double burger at the Fulwood Inn. They always end up taking some home for later. Its also on the two for one deal. Sorry I can't remember price

My family always enjoy the Rocky mountain double burger at the Fulwood Inn. They always end up taking some home for later. Its also on the two for one deal. Sorry I can't remember price

Biggest mistake people make when making burgers at home is using top quality lean meat, it has to have a certain % of fat.

double cheese burger and onions at big baps attercliffe rd, only £1.95 BARGIN!