Where do you get the best substantial burger in Sheffield?

Used to love Grindleford cafe. Not been for years. I bet you were all starving by the time you got to Sheffield.

I've always enjoyed Yankees. Admittedly, the service and the standard of burger varies, but never been let down to the extent that i would say it was rubbish.

Also, Mamas on Norfolk Street do a tasty burger (now called Mama & Leonies I think?). Excellent for pizza as well. Prob not cheap for family of 5 though.

I'm surprised that none of the pubs in Derbyshire do a good burger. Have you tried The Scotsmans Pack? And what about the Millstone? Maybe pubs aren't apt if you have kids.

Any updates on where to get the finest burger? I want flame grilled quality beef, (ie no gristle/chunks of bone) and I want it cooked medium, I want cheese sauce (not slices) and I want a decent bread cake.

Is it still Yankees/ U Sams?

I was really dissapointed the other day when I went into yankees. They have changed the menu and you cant order a 1/4 pounder or 1/2 pounder anymore, you are just given the option of burger with toppings - plus the cheese sauce has changed and in my opinion, not for the better.

I did have the 'godfather' burger at the italian restaurant opposite uncle sam's and next door to harlequins on eccie road the other day (cant remember the name sorry). 1lb of meat and lovely cheese on top.

One was recently reviewed in The Star and they were quite impressed with it. I think it was called Frankies and may be on Chesterfield Road or in that area anyway. I have never been myself but maybe you can read the review online and see what you think.

phoenix at ridgeway do lovely home made burgers if one takes your fancy.

'Burgers' next to cash converters do free fries.

'Burgers' next to cash converters do free fries.

Free flies!

Burger that........:P

Free flies!

Burger that........:P

I agree - you can eat the big burgger and look at the cheap goods for sale :suspect:

One was recently reviewed in The Star and they were quite impressed with it. I think it was called Frankies and may be on Chesterfield Road or in that area anyway. I have never been myself but maybe you can read the review online and see what you think.

I emailed Swankie Franks about the quality of their beef over a year ago - I'm still awaiting a reply. Take THAT for what its worth.

Apparently the Harley make a decent burger, I've yet to be in though.

I've been in Sheffield for over 7 years and the only place that comes close to meeting my standards is Champs - 100% beef, no onions or herbs in the mix, they let the quality of their ingredients shine, rather than be hidden.

I stick to making my own, at home, and they always come out wonderfully.

Harley do a massive range of burgers and they are reasonably priced. Also the new place on Eccy road, Mud Crab or something. I don't eat burgers so can't give you a processional verdict.

Thursday night £6 burger and milkshake night at Bishops Cafe at Norton Lees!

Home made and they are lovely, and for £6 it's win win!!

Best burger I've had for a long time