What happens if I cant cope?

just taking out info. dont like it being on a public forum anymore. sorry.

Hiya

sorry, I don't know much about the help available, hopefully someone else will.

But if you're at college, isn't there some sort of support/help for students? Somebody you could approach who might be able to steer you towards any help that is available.

I'll go and have a look round and see if I can find any source of help for you.

sack your mental health nurse!!!if you don't have a good relationship with her then get rid!!!!It sounds like you are making an effort to be independent but feel a bit overwhelmed...don't be too hard on yourself and expect to live the NORMAL life!!! whatever normal is...get through each day at a time and when you have a day that you feel motivated go for it!! on the days you are low ride them...tomorrow is another day!!!!enjoy the bad and ride the good x x x x

sooo sorry.....ride the bad and enjoy the good...thats my dyslexic brain talking!!!

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a site specifically for young people with mental health problems, but you might find it helpful to contact MIND, they might be able to offer you some advice, especially about getting a Mental Health Nurse that can actually do something positive to help you.

Good luck.

It may not be appropriate as you are already in situ and they tend to help with rehousing but have you tried Shelter, a Tenency Support Agency worth checking anyway to see what they can offer.(Tel 08445151991)

I'd recommend Mind as well (01142584489), they aren't taking on clients at the moment but can offer a one off session (free) for advice and tell you what is out there.

Both the above have websites which are good sources of info and Mind and mind have good links to other recourses.

Try the 'Smooth Guide" to Mental Health Support Sheffield (it lists all support both NHS and Voluntary) They have an on line directory or your local library should stock it.

You may be better asking your GP to refer you to a Mental Health Support Worker rather than a CPN as they can help out with alot more practical stuff any usually visit every 1/2 weeks. (Your GP really should be on to this, if they are not being supportive, change practice, its easy to do.) NHS Direct will give you a list of all the GP's that cover where you live. If you feel desperate you can always ring them for advice, they will have access to all the support networks that may be appropriate.

You should also be able to apply for a Social Fund Grant to help you buy basic essentials eg a cooker and bed etc. A MH support worker, CAB etc should help you fill in the form if thats an issue.

St Vincents De Paul donate free furnishings to people who are struggling there is also Sheffield Freecycle.

Not sure if you have a SW but have you tried Social Services, you can call into Howden House to see if you would be eligable for some sort of care. They deal more with the Physical disabilities but could put you in touch with the Mental Health Team. Your CPN can refer you as well.

There is always the CAB although unfortunately the mental health one is only dealing with inpatients at present...not much use for the rest of us!!

Don't give up, there is help out there.

Lots of good advice/info from aowin, here's some more info on tenancy support. http://www.nomadsheffield.co.uk/tenancysupp.html

It sounds like you need someone who can help you get organised, living on your own for the first time isn't easy even for those without health problems. I hope things get better.

If you think your mum can be a source of help rather than a controlling influence, perhaps you could let her visit and help - but only on your terms. You've already taken a major step towards independence by moving out, and there's no shame in needing a hand now and then to get sorted out.

Hi, It sounds like you would benefit from tenancy support. I don't know where you live but the whole of Sheffield is covered by one organisation or another.

Tenancy support workers will help you apply for grants for furniture, find furniture, sort out utilities, sort out benefits, help you find your way round the area, look at your budgeting skills, generally just help you get sorted in your home and feel confident you know what your doing.

Ring Nomad tenancy support on 0114 2727037. If they don't cover your area they will be able to tell you who does.

Good luck.

My niece moved into her own flat a few months ago. She furnished her flat using the Freecycle site. She got a settee, carpet, curtains, paint all free. Other things she got on Ebay for next to nothing. The loan doesn't go very far. It's amazing what's available. Try http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Sheffield-Freecycle and http://sheffield.gumtree.com. MIND is a great organisation to give you advice and support. Samaritans aren't just for crisis management. They have a drop in centre if you need someone to talk to. College counsellors are really great. They certainly helped me sort out my head.

Is there no-one that could help you to get the flat straight so that you can just keep on top of it? If you aren't eating properly you won't have the energy to do anything and you may be feeling tired? Do you have anything to cook on at all? If not you can still pick up some salad or pasta meals for the time being (they come in plastic cartons too so less washing up ). Have a look on Freecycle like someone has said and put on a wanted ad.

Your mom probably just wants to make sure you are ok and by not allowing her to visit the flat she will probably just become more anxcious. Try and speak to her face to face, meet up for a coffee somewhere and tell her exactly what you do and don't want from her and reach a compromise.

If you are not happy with your mental health nurse can you not ask to see another nurse? You have to be comfortable talking to the person who is helping you or they won't be much help at all!

It is fine to ask for help when you need it. There is no shame in it at all :)