ENT appointment at Hallamshire

I am going to the Hallamshire for my first appointment with the ENT dept in 1 week for dizziness. Has anyone else been for this and do they do any tests on the first appointment?

did you not think of asking your GP prior to getting the appointment?

:suspect:

No because that was 7 weeks ago and i thought the dizziness would have gone and i wouldn't need the appointment

I presume that they will think you have something like vertigo or Meniere's disease. They will probably perform a tympanogram, maybe an audiogram and just look at your ears at first. Although I think it is more likely the ENT Consultant will question you as to your symptoms then arrange the tests to be done, and then you can ask why, what for etc.

Hi,

I had an appointment at this department sometime last year and they did do tests on me and it was for the same thing. I had to sit in a chair first of all and they checked my ears then I had to go into another room where I had to have some glasses on that made me look like biggles with flying goggles on what you couldnt see through. When I asked what these were for they said there was a camera or something inside and they could see how inside my eyes were reacting to the tests they were going to do on me.

Nothing to worry about just made me jump on spot (or so I thought, i actually had moved across the room) made me lay on a bed with no end at the top (they were going to catch me?) just stuff relating to balance etc. They found out I had an imbalance in my ears but at least they found out as this had been troubling me for months at a time. Luckily since these tests, I have not had it back thank goodness. (touch wood)

Thanks for that, was that on the first appointment though.

I have low blood pressure that makes me feel dizzy and faint? do you ever faint?

No It started with a 15 second vertigo spin then i was ok carried on working but had a sensation as though i was floating. Then over more weeks it became a dizzy feeling, i have it all the time.