People putting the Manor down?

I don't particularly want to move,I've always been happy to live here.What about the government creating an island somewhere and bunging all the bad elements on it.Then they could get on with it.

There aren't empty coucil houses in dore and totley.

True, but that's because every Tom Dick and Harriet have exercised their RTB, so there are virtually no council houses left in that area!!!

Why should decent people have to move, wouldnt that be punishing the innocents? ........ anyway if the scum eliment are left there the manor will retain its rep,

what about a 3 strikes and out system, if the council get proven legitimate complaints aboput residents (anti-social behaviour ... no upkeep of the house and gardens .... dealing in drugs/stolen goods etc) .... 3 complaints and then eviction

I cant understand why people are moving off the manor its a great place;):hihi:

One of the most annoying things about this forum is how the Manor gets hammered all the time for crime, Unemployment and many other things well i thought i would be a nerd and have good look and see if the Manor deserves that abuse it gets.

Well here goes,

If i had asked the question, worst place for crime, Unemployment you have been told the Manor as most people on here like to slag the Manor to make them feel that there own area is perfect but i would like to add that crime around the Manor top area is now pretty low compared to places like Firth park, Shiregreen, Hemsworth, Burngreave, Pitsmoor, Southey Wynn gardens and many more where crime is really on the up, i think that the demolition of Council properties and the new private housing as helped a lot and more working class people and students have helped the place pick itself up.

I think it's more about the more people out of work the higher crime rate, i could be wrong but that only my opinion.

Most people will be surprised that the Manor is way below what they expect when it comes to Unemployment.

Take Darnall, Shiregreen, Gleadless valley, Hemsorth, Firshill, Burngreave, Arbourthorne, Longley, Parson's Cross, Firth park, Shiregreen, Shirecliffe, Heeley, Low Edges, Woodthorpe, Wincobank, Jordanthorpe, Pitsmoor, Netherthorpe, Southey Green, Wybourn all have a lot higher rate of unemployment than the Manor so i think u should look at those areas before you jump up to slag the Manor.

I am sorry to the people who live in these areas as i there are also good hardworking people like myself who live there but sorry i have to stick up for the Manor as it's always the area that gets hammered.

Arbourthorne, out of every 100 people 37 are unemployed and Darnall has 30 with the Manor only 21 and way down the list i may add.

I know i gone over the top but just putting it here before the Manor gets hammered, go and search and you will find for yourself that the manor is on the up and with more building work about to start near me in Fairleigh the area will get better and better.

Um, what? I live on Netherthorpe and I.... Oh er, ahem.. *gets coat*

"Officially" I am uenmployed, but that doesn't mean I don't work, I do, voluntary.

Surely if you have any sort of ambition you would try to get yourself out of there.

Any sort of ambition?? I may not be the worlds most ambitious person, but we own our house, we both work hard and we like it here. I'd rather be happy here than miserable in some 5 bed detatched in a 'decent' area.

Or is that just me?

When im feeling down about life a drive around the Manor always makes me feel better about my lot and cheers me up immensely. . Then back to Ranmoor. Long live the Manor and its interesting inhabitants.

????? wots this comment meant to mean?

Any sort of ambition?? I may not be the worlds most ambitious person, but we own our house, we both work hard and we like it here. I'd rather be happy here than miserable in some 5 bed detatched in a 'decent' area.

Or is that just me?

no its not just you i'd rather be one of the majority of working class people than stuck up my own hole hiding away and complaining about the price of fish

I'd rather be happy here than miserable in some 5 bed detatched in a 'decent' area.

Or is that just me?

Probably just you mate, cant see how you would be miserable sitting in a five bedroomed £650k house in a `decent area`

Probably just you mate, cant see how you would be miserable sitting in a five bedroomed £650k house in a `decent area`

quite easily with a stuck up mardy mrs

quite easily with a stuck up mardy mrs

Get rid of her then, and live like a king.

Get rid of her then, and live like a king.

i can live like a king in a 2 bed flat i dont need 5 bedrooms i mean why would a family of 2 or 3 need 5 bedrooms cos i would like to know and while were on the subject why would a couple need 3 plus cars is it just cos they can afford it or is it because they "need" it?