People putting the Manor down?

well done Pinklady.It's the only time you've said anything I agree with.The government slags "sink estates",but forget that they and the councils create them.When they put problem families on Manor and Woodthorpe, it's on the basis that there are enough idiots there already,a few more won't be noticed.And I live happily on the Manor,so don't get at me for being arrogant.I'm not,just speaking the truth.When did you ever hear of problem families beig sent to live in Dore or Totley?

There aren't empty coucil houses in dore and totley.

well done Pinklady.It's the only time you've said anything I agree with.The government slags "sink estates",but forget that they and the councils create them.When they put problem families on Manor and Woodthorpe, it's on the basis that there are enough idiots there already,a few more won't be noticed.And I live happily on the Manor,so don't get at me for being arrogant.I'm not,just speaking the truth.When did you ever hear of problem families beig sent to live in Dore or Totley?

They have put a few problem familys on langsett road and now all we see is teens drinking cider and single moms with big mouths.

I dont wish to mingle with that sort of persons as i dont have that attitude myself.

Having problem familys sent to dore would spoil the pleasent peoples area.

This integrated living idea that Labour is pushing just isn't going to work.

Let all the ASBO lot live together on the same estate preferably in some isolated place rather than foisting them upon decent members of society.

I think they had the right idea in the film Escape From New York. We could use Isle of Wight for the same purpose and pay compo to the current Isle of Wight residents who would have to move out.

What gets me is ........... yes, there are a lot of decent hard working people on the manor, there are also a lot of scum problem tenants that have been dumped there, these people have no pride in themselves or their homes, the gardens are disgusting, rubbish everywhere, the house is obviously a sh*t tip inside, they allow their kids to wreck the place and they do nothing but cause trouble on the estate (keeping the reputation going). ..... I remember a few years ago when the manor underwent major renovations, the council spent thousands doing up the estate ... not only inside the houses but gardens, garden fences and gates too, It looked fabulous .............. until they allowed all the problem people back on, it took them less than a year to make it look horrid again.

So yes, i do think the council are to blame for making the manor what it is ............ and allowing it to continue, I do empathise with residents such as manorboy who obviously dont come into this catagory, but unfortunatly everyone gets tarred with the same brush.

This integrated living idea that Labour is pushing just isn't going to work.

Let all the ASBO lot live together on the same estate preferably in some isolated place rather than foisting them upon decent members of society.

I think they had the right idea in the film Escape From New York. We could use Isle of Wight for the same purpose and pay compo to the current Isle of Wight residents who would have to move out.

yes, good thinking ..... but a trailer park would be a better option (isle of white is far too nice) ... leave the bricks and morter housing for decent people who';ll look after it.

yes, good thinking ..... but a trailer park would be a better option (isle of white is far too nice) ... leave the bricks and morter housing for decent people who';ll look after it.

I just wonder where people would like the estate or trailer park to be situated? Also, who would decide who should live in them? :huh:

There are good and bad in every area of sheffield. My ex used to work on the Manor and she had her car vandalised, and the place where she worked often had trouble with the locals.

But i used to live on Norfolk Park for a number of years and parts of that could be just as bad, we just happened to live in a part that wasn't as bad.

Any community is only as strong as the people within it. It seems to me that the council think that by integrating "problem" tenants into the better areas that it would rehabilitate those problem tenants. I would say that hasn't been the case at all, its just spread the problem over a wider area.

I was born and brought up in Oughtibridge. In my youth it was virtually trouble free and quiet. Once Kelvin Flats were demolished and the families were dispersed, I felt the overall standards of Oughtibridge dropped.

Ok here is an idea.

1) Divide the resident of The Manor up into decent and anti-social/criminal/chav categories.

2) Rehouse the decent ones in better areas and fill the vacant properties with anti-social et al from other areas.

3) Build a large wall around the Manor and keep the residents within its confines.

Some may say this is harsh but it would benefit the majority of Sheffield residents (including the decent Manor ones who would be rehomed in better areas) and do a lot to keep the crime rate down. It all depends how genuinely committed you are to haveing a low crime rate (instead of just talking about it like many politicians do) as to whether or not you approve of my idea.

lol how can u say that , its not even a community, i lived in sheffield city centre . and i moved to manor ... it may have been cheap .. but place is disgusting ... maybe youve lived there all your life so you dont knw whats life is like .. i walked past that area other day and all it was , was scabby fat on the dole addidas fashion people with mashed up teeth hurling abuse, crumbling houses, ppl still have fords there . lol. but now i live in else where .. much more vibrant .. no bloody single mum baby pram pushers about blocking pavements who just clearly stop suddenly in middle of street to chat to someone when ppl are walking behind them ...

oh and my car stays in one peice over night, LOL oh yeah and i dont hear police sirens wen i am sleeping in middle of the night , neither do i hear all these dump valves from peoples cars when i am trying to slp

Get Real and get a life :loopy::loopy::loopy:

Ok here is an idea.

1) Divide the resident of The Manor up into decent and anti-social/criminal/chav categories.

2) Rehouse the decent ones in better areas and fill the vacant properties with anti-social et al from other areas.

3) Build a large wall around the Manor and keep the residents within its confines.

Some may say this is harsh but it would benefit the majority of Sheffield residents (including the decent Manor ones who would be rehomed in better areas) and do a lot to keep the crime rate down. It all depends how genuinely committed you are to haveing a low crime rate (instead of just talking about it like many politicians do) as to whether or not you approve of my idea.

My bold.

So they would rehome me? Even though I own my house? I'd only let them move me to a so called 'decent' area if my costs of living didnt go up!

What makes you think everyone who lives on the Manor wants to get out?

What makes you think everyone who lives on the Manor wants to get out?

Surely if you have any sort of ambition you would try to get yourself out of there.