People putting the Manor down?

Hitler wanted to send all the Jews to Madagascar - were you thinking something along those lines?

Not along racial lines no but rather along the lines of those who cause trouble for the rest of us and make our lives less pleasant.

Hitler wanted to send all the Jews to Madagascar - were you thinking something along those lines?

I think you will find that this was never a serious intention and was only really discussed to hide his true intentions.

Maybe the families need more support and education and then they would be OK to live anywhere.

If someone needs educating in common sense, logic tells me that they probably won't listen anyway.

Yesterday teatime i washed my car and forgot my keys were in the ignition.

I went out for a pint or 3 at the Manor Social and was looking for them on my return at 11.10pm.

As expected they and the car were still there.

Nowt rong wit Manor.

One of the most annoying things about this forum is how the Manor gets hammered all the time for crime, Unemployment and many other things well i thought i would be a nerd and have good look and see if the Manor deserves that abuse it gets.

Well here goes,

If i had asked the question, worst place for crime, Unemployment you have been told the Manor as most people on here like to slag the Manor to make them feel that there own area is perfect but i would like to add that crime around the Manor top area is now pretty low compared to places like Firth park, Shiregreen, Hemsworth, Burngreave, Pitsmoor, Southey Wynn gardens and many more where crime is really on the up, i think that the demolition of Council properties and the new private housing as helped a lot and more working class people and students have helped the place pick itself up.

I think it's more about the more people out of work the higher crime rate, i could be wrong but that only my opinion.

Most people will be surprised that the Manor is way below what they expect when it comes to Unemployment.

Take Darnall, Shiregreen, Gleadless valley, Hemsorth, Firshill, Burngreave, Arbourthorne, Longley, Parson's Cross, Firth park, Shiregreen, Shirecliffe, Heeley, Low Edges, Woodthorpe, Wincobank, Jordanthorpe, Pitsmoor, Netherthorpe, Southey Green, Wybourn all have a lot higher rate of unemployment than the Manor so i think u should look at those areas before you jump up to slag the Manor.

I am sorry to the people who live in these areas as i there are also good hardworking people like myself who live there but sorry i have to stick up for the Manor as it's always the area that gets hammered.

Arbourthorne, out of every 100 people 37 are unemployed and Darnall has 30 with the Manor only 21 and way down the list i may add.

I know i gone over the top but just putting it here before the Manor gets hammered, go and search and you will find for yourself that the manor is on the up and with more building work about to start near me in Fairleigh the area will get better and better.

top post that fella

no matter where you go these days you will get good and bad

one off my best mates is off seaton crescent

and this subject winds him up no end

Yesterday teatime i washed my car and forgot my keys were in the ignition.

I went out for a pint or 3 at the Manor Social and was looking for them on my return at 11.10pm.

As expected they and the car were still there.

You forgot to mention the hungry Rottweiler you left on the passenger seat!

I lived on the manor for 12 years and was very happy untill north british housing let flats intendend for 55s and over out to drink/drug users.

I had my home attacked over 20 times and had to call police then if that wasnt enough after my 10 year old son died and was front page news the b******s would not leave me alone. It escalated untill i had 3 cars stolen one set on fire causing property damage so bad i had to move out for 4 weeks. The named housing ass were pathetic they refused permission for me toppay to have cctv cameras and fencing erected for protection as such the scum bags tried getting in even when i was there i lived with constant shutters on my windows and doors and in fear.Then they finaly broke in and set fire to my home resulting in my losing everything. The housing ass wouldnt help me in any way so i had to get rehoused else where privatly.

Then low and behold my former home (a bungelow for disabled person) was let to local drug dealer who went on to erect 6ft high iron gates and fencing and built a buisiness selling drugs fro my former home.

It was front page news in the star when he was sentanced to 5 years for selling hard drugs and having fire arms in the property,

Its not the manor thats the problem its the scumbags that are rehoused there because no other area will have em.

I have good memmories of the "real manor" residents

I moved to Manor when I was about 12, within 1 day I had about 20 other kids throw fireworks at me. Never been robbed which is pretty weird, but I think there are really tiny spots where the people are nice and everythings fine, problem is they are surrounded by pikey arseholes and if you dont have a car then you have to walk past them each day to work/college/whatever. Got chased by mobs of the idiots when I was still in school, lost count of how many of the smackheads have tryed to mug me and theres always a pack of them outside city grocers on city road hurling abuse at anyone who walks past.

To be honest, manorblade saying Manor is ok because there are places worse is ridiculous. It's like saying being knifed in the stomach isn't so bad because elsewhere you could get shot in the face.

lol,, I do the same, going to visit a mate in Dore I can go over fulwood way but sometimes head through the Manor for a laugh to try to spot sierra gearbox's and engines on peoples front garden.

I do like that there are people happy to live there and give it the thumbs up, I know people like this and am happy because I really dont want them living in a nice area next door to me, they belong on the manor.