People putting the Manor down?

Probably just you mate, cant see how you would be miserable sitting in a five bedroomed £650k house in a `decent area`

I really wouldnt want the morgage repayments for 650K tho :o

no its not just you i'd rather be one of the majority of working class people than stuck up my own hole hiding away and complaining about the price of fish

Have you seen the price of fish lately, its mega expensive :confused:

i can live like a king in a 2 bed flat i dont need 5 bedrooms i mean why would a family of 2 or 3 need 5 bedrooms cos i would like to know and while were on the subject why would a couple need 3 plus cars is it just cos they can afford it or is it because they "need" it?

Its got nothing to do with 'needing' .. its more of a case of 'wanting'......... If they work for their dosh, is it anyones business what they spend it on?

no its not anybody elses business i agree but these type of people like to show off to there few friends by saying look at me and my wife we live in a 5 bed house and only use 1 bedroom i've never and never will be rich so i cant really comment in depth but i know one thing if i could afford a 650k house i would'nt have one prefering to spend it on holidays drink and drugs but thats just me if someone wants to splash cash on useless items let them just so they can feel good about themselves

no its not anybody elses business i agree but these type of people like to show off to there few friends by saying look at me and my wife we live in a 5 bed house and only use 1 bedroom i've never and never will be rich so i cant really comment in depth but i know one thing if i could afford a 650k house i would'nt have one prefering to spend it on holidays drink and drugs but thats just me if someone wants to splash cash on useless items let them just so they can feel good about themselves

I think you'll find that people who live in 650k houses will probably have much nicer holidays than me or you :) ........... and for prefering to spend that kind of money on drink and drugs, i wont comment ;)

Don't go on The Manor much, never have much reason to, but one time I did go to visit a friend and I had my car plates nicked!

Having said that I have had my car trashed in Woodseats.

Crime happens everywhere.

Reverse snobbery.

It doesn't seem like the manor is the problem here. It's the anti social group that is the problem.

We need to be focusing on the rotten apples in order to build a greater, brighter britain.

I would like people to look at us from other countries and admire our friendly, smart, cheerful attitude.

It doesn't seem like the manor is the problem here. It's the anti social group that is the problem.

We need to be focusing on the rotten apples in order to build a greater, brighter britain.

I would like people to look at us from other countries and admire our friendly, smart, cheerful attitude.

Blame the Council then, it's them that move problem families onto Estates such as Manor, Wybourn, Pitsmoor, the old Kelvin back in the day etc.

But I suppose they have to go somewhere, they can't be integrated into "good" communities such as Whirlow, Eccleshall etc.

thats whats hapening now on the littledale estate

2 years ago it was a lovley place now due to rehoming of a few idiotic families being moved on here its getting really bad

only last night i had to call the police 3 times during the night due to antisocial behaviour from one lovley family thats just been moved in 2 weeks ago ,all our houses have just been done up by the council just last summer and this new familys windows are already hanging off for god sake ............. thats just after 2 weeks i dread to think what it will be like in a few months .

Blame the Council then, it's them that move problem families onto Estates such as Manor, Wybourn, Pitsmoor, the old Kelvin back in the day etc.

But I suppose they have to go somewhere, they can't be integrated into "good" communities such as Whirlow, Eccleshall etc.

The council (by law) has to rehouse some families, and some won't have any idea how to live as decent neighbours, neither will they understand responsible parenting. The reason that they aren't rehoused in places like Whirlow or Ecclesall is because there aren't any council houses there. So whilst Whirlow and Ecclesall may not be to everyone's taste, they are areas that are well cared for by the residents, and have little in the way of anti social behaviour/grafitti/litter etc.

Maybe the families need more support and education and then they would be OK to live anywhere.

Education is the answer to a lot of problems.My daughter is always talking about Chavs at ther school and that she finds it hard to get on with them as they are different to her.I have explained to her that everyone is different and that she is lucky to have a great education and that everyone needs to respect one another and be able to get on.There are so many seperate groups these days,the moshers, the chavs etc and it is often to do with the class system here in this country.The reason that people live in places like The Manor, Wybourn etc is that often it is the only choice that they have as they may not be able to get out of that situation.

If you have a good education, you are likely to have a better standard of living and more opportunities open up to you.It is a regeneration issue and needs to be looked at differently.Something this Government is not able to do, methinks!

I don't particularly want to move,I've always been happy to live here.What about the government creating an island somewhere and bunging all the bad elements on it.Then they could get on with it.

I totally agree with this. I would support such a move and I bet many other people would too.