So people without children should pay less tax for education.

There is always one isn’t there :roll: ………… I take it that the adults didn’t have a education themselves.

I agree with that. BBC Breakfast often sends their presenters far and wide to present the weather and in the end it still involves the computer map in the studio.

The vast majority of the time, Breakfast uses facilities that are already in place. E.g. when they present the weather from Wimbeldon, they use the same camera, crew and links back to TV Centre as are used by the Sports correspondants throughout the day when appearing on the News, so the actual cost is negligable.

The problem is not broadcasters and programme-makers; but the tiers of bureaucracy.

Why need the BBC have such a large 'policy' workforce, for instance?

The problem is not broadcasters and programme-makers; but the tiers of bureaucracy.

Why need the BBC have such a large 'policy' workforce, for instance?

and why is the BBC spending ONE BILLION POUNDS of TV License payer's money on a new offices in central london

As reported Yesterday by BBC presenter Jeremy Paxman

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/telegraph-view/8817351/The-BBCs-whiff-of-empire.html

Memo to the arrogant young lady overseeing of the ''proposed cuts'' at BBC Radio Sheffield ...... ''Your Country'' ...presented by Alan Watkiss on Sunday afternoons is NOT ...repeat ...NOT ... the same as BBC Radio 2's Country and Western programme:rant:

Hang on a mo though ...perhaps the fact that AW and his show recently won a prestigious award at the CMA awards has put someones nose out of joint over at Beeb House :suspect:

Three hours of good music, chat and interviews on a Sunday afternoon whilst everyone else is watching the repeats of all the soaps (that they watched on their first run :roll:) is absolute heaven for me .

I didn't like the trial run of 'Yorkshire' radio in the afternoons a few weeks ago ...it was awful :rant:

and why is the BBC spending ONE BILLION POUNDS of TV License payer's money on a new offices in central london

As reported Yesterday by BBC presenter Jeremy Paxman

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/telegraph-view/8817351/The-BBCs-whiff-of-empire.html

While they've spent nearly £1bn, it's not from the licence fee, it's a private finance deal. And considering the new building is allowing them to release several other buildings (including the homes of BBC London, the World Service and Radio One) therefore saving significant amounts of rental charges, and contains five full HD television studios (which don't come cheap), it's not a bad deal for licence fee payers.

If it is a private finance deal, then it sounds like the kind of description that is used for a PFI.

PFI is a way of getting a new building built and kitted out quickly, but an incredible waste of money over the long term which finishes up costing more in a kind of expensive 30 or 40 year expensive mortgage with locked contracts with cleaners and utilities that are uncompetetive.

London and the home counties are full of disused TV studios and broadcasting buildings which are only a decade or two old. I know this because I used to repair equipment in them.

If the BBC really wanted to do a great job without wasting money they could easily do this for a tenth of this cost. You can do the same work with a fraction of the personnel now, thanks to digital equipment and the kind of modern infrastructure we all enjoy at home nowadays.

this money is being conned out of the majority of UK consumers.

Personally I would cut the ridiculous amount of foreign correspondents the BBC employ and also scrap the World Service. The BBC seem to have forgotten that the first B stands for British and that if people want to know about what's happening in other countries there are other media sources.

The world service is funded by the foreign office. so would not make any difference to the BBC cuts

The world service is funded by the foreign office. so would not make any difference to the BBC cuts

It was, until now. One of the recent changes is that the world service is now to be funded by the BBC tax (license fee)

We have set up a new email address for everyone to send messages of support and reasons why BBC Radio Sheffield should not face cuts.

Please send all comments to; stopradiosheffieldcuts@gmail.c​om

Members of the NUJ from Radio Sheffield will be giving out leaflets at Sunday's Steel City Derby game at Bramall Lane this Sunday from 10.30. Come and say hello and lend your support to your local football station !

Thanks and best wishes

Andy

We have set up a new email address for everyone to send messages of support and reasons why BBC Radio Sheffield should not face cuts.

Members of the NUJ from Radio Sheffield will be giving out leaflets at Sunday's Steel City Derby game at Bramall Lane this Sunday from 10.30. Come and say hello and lend your support to your local football station !

Thanks and best wishes

Andy

i will certainly email comments.i hope other forum users will do the same and support radio sheffield.even if they are not regular listeners.because the service the station provides for the community gives pleasure to so many people.--------please support radio sheffield even if you are youngsters who prefer other choices of music.---because they have served our area for approx 30 years now,and itwould be nice to think they would be entertaining

our community in years to come. so sent em a quick email loves.:)

Thanks and best wishes

Andy

Whilst no-one wants anyone to lose jobs, why on earth should the BBC be any different to anyone else? In fact, the distinct lack of outcry just goes to show how few people are bothered by the fact that 20% of BBC staff might have to join the rest of us here in Manure Street. The BBC is seen by some as a self serving organization that has long needed it's fat trimming.

I read this morning that The BBC still pays 275 "stars" a combined fee of £65m a year. That's ridiculous.

And as for NUJ giving out leaflets, well fair enough. But aren't you bound by law to be impartial in your reporting? I assume that anyone involved in leafletting will also tell management that they are unable to report on the cuts as their feelings have been made public on it?

My friend works in town, and tells me there is a BBC conference in town this week. How much is that costing?