Jump to content


Recommended Posts

On 13/09/2020 at 14:35, Jeffrey Shaw said:

 

 The last reference to Rony on https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/search?q=rony+robinson was back on 27 March!

To be fair, he is 79 yrs old. Maybe he just retired?

 

He did daily updates during lockdown in Paulettes 's show they used to be around 12 .45 pm each day till around beginning of August 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turned on my radio just turned 6.00 a.m. and I thought I'd been teleported back to the 1970s...

 

"Presenter" was waffling on about Christmas, then played a jingle promoting a "competition" ....

"What's on my box?"

 

I could suggest a reply, but the thought police are watching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/09/2020 at 06:58, steved32 said:

Turned on my radio just turned 6.00 a.m. and I thought I'd been teleported back to the 1970s...

 

"Presenter" was waffling on about Christmas, then played a jingle promoting a "competition" ....

"What's on my box?"

 

I could suggest a reply, but the thought police are watching.

That'll be Toby Foster.  'Comedian' & part time minor character actor who had one of the lesser roles in 'Phoenix Nights'. 

 

We're his two little acolytes killing themselves with laughter, like someone wearing one of those old diving helmets that had been filled with nitrous oxide, at his witty repartee & antics? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

That'll be Toby Foster.  'Comedian' & part time minor character actor who had one of the lesser roles in 'Phoenix Nights'. 

 

We're his two little acolytes killing themselves with laughter, like someone wearing one of those old diving helmets that had been filled with nitrous oxide, at his witty repartee & antics? 

To be fair Steved32 does nothing but complain about RS but is one of the most avid listeners out there, there's a rule of thumb that if you don't like something you tend to avoid it, not him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/09/2020 at 22:47, Brooker11 said:

To be fair Steved32 does nothing but complain about RS but is one of the most avid listeners out there, there's a rule of thumb that if you don't like something you tend to avoid it, not him.

Not true.  6.00 or 7.00 a.m. news, then over to Radio 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/09/2020 at 06:58, steved32 said:

Turned on my radio just turned 6.00 a.m. and I thought I'd been teleported back to the 1970s...

 

"Presenter" was waffling on about Christmas, then played a jingle promoting a "competition" ....

"What's on my box?"

 

I could suggest a reply, but the thought police are watching.

QUICK STEVE. IT'S ON NOW. YOU'RE MISSING IT.

 

 

Ah, you missed it. It was "Breaking Bad".

 

Still, we've got "Pan Pipe Bangers" at 8.45. JUMP ON!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Toby said:

QUICK STEVE. IT'S ON NOW. YOU'RE MISSING IT.

 

 

Ah, you missed it. It was "Breaking Bad".

 

Still, we've got "Pan Pipe Bangers" at 8.45. JUMP ON!!

Don't worry Toby Steve hates Radio Sheffield but he tunes in all the time just to check why he still hates it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/11/2020 at 06:16, Toby said:

QUICK STEVE. IT'S ON NOW. YOU'RE MISSING IT.

 

 

Ah, you missed it. It was "Breaking Bad".

 

Still, we've got "Pan Pipe Bangers" at 8.45. JUMP ON!!

Ha ha! Keep it up Tobes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just heard hilarious faux pas by presenter on RS.  Referred to Bramall Lane "****uation.". Meant to say "situation."  Slip of the tongue, but so appropriate!

 

Could tell he fought hard to keep his composure.

Edited by steved32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, steved32 said:

Just heard hilarious faux pas by presenter on RS.  Referred to Bramall Lane "****uation.". Meant to say "situation."  Slip of the tongue, but so appropriate!

 

Could tell he fought hard to keep his composure.

Heard that myself. He apologised for Lee's language (an earlier caller) but didn't apologise for his own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

X