Jump to content


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Dales said:

 The term of endearment here in Chesterfield is 'Duck.'  Found it a bit strange when I moved here from Sheffield several years ago.

are you saying that the terms like 

darling...sweetie...my lovely, are not used here in Chesterfield?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kidley said:

are you saying that the terms like 

darling...sweetie...my lovely, are not used here in Chesterfield?

or that duck isn't used in Sheffield ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought steved32 was on about another presenter I agree with other's on here BM is a very good presenter....

 

She is far too good as a stand in she should have her own permanent slot maybe she should take PE slot and have her filling in...

 

That's my take on things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of whichever presenter we're discussing, why do many radio shows have to have multiple presenters, presenting them or a main presenter & a few underlings playing second fiddle / being used as idiot foils? 

 

For me, only the best presenters can carry a programme single handed.  If you need back up, you're in the wrong job,  

 

If the BBC is looking to save money, one presenter per show. 

Edited by Baron99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, kidley said:

are you saying that the terms like 

darling...sweetie...my lovely, are not used here in Chesterfield?

Not at all.  Just that I hear 'Duck' being used more often here than I have heard used in Sheffield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Dales said:

Not at all.  Just that I hear 'Duck' being used more often here than I have heard used in Sheffield.

i yes duck in Chesterfield and love in Sheffield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the most annoying programme now is football heaven,the way they say sentences in slow motion andy giddings is the worst but the new mike has now gone into it  eg when they give out the tel number they say 

its 0800 triple one,then this long drawn out...…...forttteeeennnnine for teeeeee nnnnnine, or that's all coming up at the end           of       the        pppprrrrooooogrrrrrrram. then you get 3 traffic reports word for word perfect every night,its 6.15 looking very busy in the town centreWELL IT WIL BE ITS 6.15and the parkway is very busy,and gleadless townend is very busy more in 15 mins  then 6.30 its look a lot better in the town centre derick Dooley way is a lot better now,YES IT WILL BE THE RUSH HOURS NEARLY OVER.then guess what 6.45, thinks have calmed down now very little traffic on all the roads around Sheffield.  WELL AT 6.45 EVERYBODY HAS GONE HOME IT BOUND TO BE QUITER. every night the same and for what every body in a car going home knows that and  most people are at home listening so its jus take up the programme, then you get atrailer for foster reminding you hell be back at 7 am ,and to top all that and waste a bit more time,...…...this is whats coming up at 7 pm after football heaven ,and you get a giggling woman telling you about a man who cant stand spiders and the a male voice comes on oooo I don't like spiders ,and weve also got a man from blackpool whos had a goldfish called doris for 33 years in a bowl in his coal house .giggle giggle you don't want to miss this andy ,oh ill be looking forward to that at    the    end of the      prooooooooogramin the words of Catherine tate what a load of old <removed>

Edited by nikki-red

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/08/2019 at 08:20, Baron99 said:

Regardless of whichever presenter we're discussing, why do many radio shows have to have multiple presenters, presenting them or a main presenter & a few underlings playing second fiddle / being used as idiot foils? 

 

For me, only the best presenters can carry a programme single handed.  If you need back up, you're in the wrong job,  

 

If the BBC is looking to save money, one presenter per show. 

Blimey, Radio 2 would soon shut, what with Zoe Ball and her hangers on, and the idiots with the decrepit Steve Wright they could save a fortune!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maggidee said:

the most annoying programme now is football heaven,the way they say sentences in slow motion andy giddings is the worst but the new mike has now gone into it  eg when they give out the tel number they say 

its 0800 triple one,then this long drawn out...…...forttteeeennnnine for teeeeee nnnnnine, or that's all coming up at the end           of       the        pppprrrrooooogrrrrrrram. then you get 3 traffic reports word for word perfect every night,its 6.15 looking very busy in the town centreWELL IT WIL BE ITS 6.15and the parkway is very busy,and gleadless townend is very busy more in 15 mins  then 6.30 its look a lot better in the town centre derick Dooley way is a lot better now,YES IT WILL BE THE RUSH HOURS NEARLY OVER.then guess what 6.45, thinks have calmed down now very little traffic on all the roads around Sheffield.  WELL AT 6.45 EVERYBODY HAS GONE HOME IT BOUND TO BE QUITER. every night the same and for what every body in a car going home knows that and  most people are at home listening so its jus take up the programme, then you get atrailer for foster reminding you hell be back at 7 am ,and to top all that and waste a bit more time,...…...this is whats coming up at 7 pm after football heaven ,and you get a giggling woman telling you about a man who cant stand spiders and the a male voice comes on oooo I don't like spiders ,and weve also got a man from blackpool whos had a goldfish called doris for 33 years in a bowl in his coal house .giggle giggle you don't want to miss this andy ,oh ill be looking forward to that at    the    end of the      prooooooooogramin the words of Catherine tate what a load of old <removed>

To be fair I think they draw the speeching out when they are awaiting incoming callers, I assume the traffic news is contractual I agree its a waste of time though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try listening to the "Gardening Phone-in" on Sunday morning... inane music played interspersed with the odd caller on gardening topics.

 

If callers/emails are not forthcoming, surely it's not beyond the wit of producers/presenters to plan advice tips, jobs for the week, etc., rather than broadcasting some of the drivel that masquerades as music.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

To be fair I think they draw the speeching out when they are awaiting incoming callers, I assume the traffic news is contractual I agree its a waste of time though.

Think you're right,  same when a caller gets the presenters back up, they can just say "got to go to the news or weather". The one thing that really annoys me is when they give the traffic news and play that annoying music in the background,  people on the way to work or whatever  in the morning  when they need traffic news , and this distraction, on five live too btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

To be fair I think they draw the speeching out when they are awaiting incoming callers, I assume the traffic news is contractual I agree its a waste of time though.

It’s not giddings is at it all the time so annoying.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.