Jump to content

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Ms Interpret said:

Well how do you know? I  havent repeated what i heard  and  I have not complained on behalf of anyone but myself  If you read the  post I am simply asking who is in charge of the station beyond local management   I would also challenge your statement it is not MY radio station as  far as know it is funded by licence payers and subsidised by  tax payers, of which I contribute to both .  Maybe you are neither and  feel your opinion on forum posts  matters.... it doesnt  

I know, you know, everyone knows it wasn’t really offensive. Certainly not offensive in a term to warrant a complaint. Being offended over literally anything and everything is quite a common theme these days. Why can’t people just get on with it and not concern themselves with nonsense self pity. There are way more important things to worry about if you are so inclined to feel the need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ms Interpret said:

Well how do you know? I  havent repeated what i heard  and  I have not complained on behalf of anyone but myself  If you read the  post I am simply asking who is in charge of the station beyond local management   I would also challenge your statement it is not MY radio station as  far as know it is funded by licence payers and subsidised by  tax payers, of which I contribute to both .  Maybe you are neither and  feel your opinion on forum posts  matters.... it doesnt  

What was said that upset you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had to laugh at the presenters yesterday discussing how chilly it was going to be  this May Day bank holiday?  Apparently, according to one of the presenters this will be the coldest since the May Day bank holiday was INVENTED!  

 

I'd no idea scientists had been working for years on the idea of a bank holiday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Apparently, according to one of the presenters this will be the coldest since the May Day bank holiday was INVENTED!  

 

I'd no idea scientists had been working for years on the idea of a bank holiday. 

In a sense Bank Holidays were ‘invented’ by John Lubbock aka Lord Avebury in an Act of 1871. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checked out local travel today on RS on M1.  There was a "quiz" between Toby and another presenter.

 

Now, I'm assuming this was genuine:

 

Which year was the first motorised bus service introduced? (10-year latitude allowed):

 

Other presenter - 1991.  Motorised buses, 1991.  I kid you not, gentle listener, as TF might say.

 

Oh dear.  Subterranean depths going further at RS.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, steved32 said:

Checked out local travel today on RS on M1.  There was a "quiz" between Toby and another presenter.

 

Now, I'm assuming this was genuine:

 

Which year was the first motorised bus service introduced? (10-year latitude allowed):

 

Other presenter - 1991.  Motorised buses, 1991.  I kid you not, gentle listener, as TF might say.

 

Oh dear.  Subterranean depths going further at RS.

 

 

 

It was genuine I couldn’t believe it either.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, makapaka said:

It was genuine I couldn’t believe it either.

 

 

Give over now. 

Do you think they were discussing the deregulation of the subsidised bus service brought around by Margret Thatcher?

Edited by prince al

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone hear the Christian Carlisle show last night? Great work , all about local rock bands from Def Leppard to Hands Off Gretel. 3 epic hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some odd Twitter activity last night, has Mr Foster been suspended again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just listening to Radio Sheffield and Toby Foster still talks very fast. He’s still good though !

Edited by pattricia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could do without the free nelson Mandela jingle though .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, *Wallace* said:

I could do without the free nelson Mandela jingle though .

Me too, the "Call me" one got on my nerves too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.