No that’s not what I’m saying - that’s what you are saying.

I’ve explained how I thought they could improve things above.

You did and it most certainly wouldn't, if you want froth in a morning put the dreadful Hallam on your dial.

I’m listening to Radio Sheffield this morning and it’s been good as it’s talked about Sheffield subjects. However, Toby Foster still talks too fast .

Guest makapaka
You did and it most certainly wouldn't, if you want froth in a morning put the dreadful Hallam on your dial.

That’s the second time you have put words in my mouth - why are you doing that?

RS makes me cringe whenever I accidentally catch a minute or two by mistake. It makes Sheff seem like a town the size of Mexborough.

Are there any shows on it I should make an effort to catch? Is there a local music show that's worth a listen for example? Apart from the football commentaries I can't bear to hear it, it always seems like a caricature of 1970s Yorkshire to me. Sheffield Live on the other hand often seems interesting whatever is on.

Totally agree. The playlist is repeatedly the same 70s and 80s middle of the road tripe...EVERY show, EVERY day...Abba, Cher, Bryan Adams, Shania Twain, The Monkees.

And in order to catch weather and traffic bulletins early morning we must suffer Foster practising being "funny", and that Amy woman sycophantically forcing out a stream of giggles.

Totally agree. The playlist is repeatedly the same 70s and 80s middle of the road tripe...EVERY show, EVERY day...Abba, Cher, Bryan Adams, Shania Twain, The Monkees.

And in order to catch weather and traffic bulletins early morning we must suffer Foster practising being "funny", and that Amy woman sycophantically forcing out a stream of giggles.

That’s the playlist for the show after Toby, presented by Paulette. Listened for as long as I could t’other day ( five minutes) and she played a Monkees single and when it finished said something along the lines of “ enough of the Monkees they’re so old fashioned” ? Strange comment, almost like she’s got no say in what’s played.

Their target audience must like all that middle of the road stuff.

Silly question...you've listened long enough to know that the news and traffic are on every 15 minutes so why listen to the rest of it if you dislike it that much...?.....:huh:

I don't understand this thread at all. You obviously listen to Radio Sheffield a lot in order to make such detailed criticisms. If it's as bad as you say why are you all listening. You can get the news and traffic from other sources and if you want to hear some rubbishy clapped out old records from the seventies, come round to mine I've got loads...

Can anyone give me an explanation of why some of their presenters use the strange practice of speaking to listeners against varying levels of background music?

Guest makapaka
I don't understand this thread at all. You obviously listen to Radio Sheffield a lot in order to make such detailed criticisms. If it's as bad as you say why are you all listening. You can get the news and traffic from other sources and if you want to hear some rubbishy clapped out old records from the seventies, come round to mine I've got loads...

Do you only watch films where you like every actor?

Do you only go in pubs where you like every person in there?

Do you only watch football matches where you like every player?

It’s just passing comment/opinion something - maybe someone from radio sheffield will read this - and maybe even take some of that opinion on board if they see fit.

I like Toby Fosters Yorkshire accent but, YOU STILL TALK TOO FAST TOBY !

Silly question...you've listened long enough to know that the news and traffic are on every 15 minutes so why listen to the rest of it if you dislike it that much...?.....:huh:

He listens nearly every single day and then complains about it :hihi:

Traffic and weather can quite easily be checked by loads of means without listening to a station you clearly don't like.

He listens nearly every single day and then complains about it :hihi:

Traffic and weather can quite easily be checked by loads of means without listening to a station you clearly don't like.

900 plus posts going back to 2015 and the majority of those from folk who can't abide certain presenters or the station in general but refuse to stop listening...very strange..:hihi: