makapaka ive emailed football heaven but they have not remarked on it, I.....won.....der ....why that. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiis?

I usually enjoy Radio Sheffield apart from Friday mornings and the "Girls Talk" portion. As soon as that part of the programme is trailed I tune into something else for half an hour. It is pointless drivel. I am a "girl" but it really gets on my nerves. And the way the male presenters pretend to be intererested is nauseating.

That's fascinating mowith, do tell us more?;)

---------- Post added 15-10-2018 at 13:58 ----------

makapaka ive emailed football heaven but they have not remarked on it, I.....won.....der ....why that. iiiiiiiiiiiiiiis?

I like Andy Giddins - I don't know him - but I like him on radio, that's what I mean.

He does have a few prolonged pauses when he speaks, but I think that's because he's also working in a call centre as an IT helpdesk person and he's trying to do 2 jobs at once.

Guest makapaka

The breakfast show features on vomit on Thursday and Friday was just what I needed on my way to work. Lovely.

I’m glad it’s not just me.

Andy giddings and his invisible.full.stops.....before.....moving....on.....to.....another....subject.

George Galloway uses the same method for ..............dramatic ..effect.

George Galloway uses the same method for ..............dramatic ..effect.

One of the points about public speaking is that those unused to it tend to speak far, far too quickly. Just listen to, say, easyJet cabin staff.

Consequently they, and others, often fail to make their point(s).

Much as I don’t care for George Galloway, he is a very good public speaker.

One of the points about public speaking is that those unused to it tend to speak far, far too quickly.

Brings to mind a presenter on RS.

---------- Post added 19-10-2018 at 09:47 ----------

Speaking far too quickly? Like a RS presenter I can think of?

You love Toby really,because you're an avid listener.

Avid? No dictionary I've seen defines "avid" as occasional or incidental in terms of radio tuning.

TF is an awful presenter. Incoherent.

Avid? No dictionary I've seen defines "avid" as occasional or incidental in terms of radio tuning.

TF is an awful presenter. Incoherent.

I don’t think he talks as quickly as he used to but still mumbles his words.

I totally agree Lazarus Paulette Edwards is so depressing she is so small minded in the way she thinks about certain issues.....

She's always banging on that she was an English teacher 'BACK IN THE DAY'

I find that unimaginable her grammar and punctuation skills are dire to say the least....

Her many guests on her slot are either ex drug dealers music promoters talking about 'BACK IN THE DAY'.......No one cares about 'BACK IN THE DAY'

the only thing that counts is here and now!!!!!!!

Everyone knows these people were moved on by bigger and badder thugs than they were....

So now they work in the community working with young people telling war stories of when they were young and we all wonder why there is so much violence on the streets of England.....

A good role model is someone who has never been in trouble with the police that's what I got taught.....

I for one will not be listening to her show again and if you read this Miss Paulette Edwards you work for the BBC it is not your Radio Station for you to project your narrow minded views on society

I don’t think he talks as quickly as he used to but still mumbles his words.

It depends on which mode of speech he's using at the time,

Jolly Toby - "Ha ha I run comedy clubs you know ". Is quite clear whereas his deeply sad and concerned modes "l'm really sorry to hear about the death of your marmoset " . "How have you managed to cope because we are all so interested in your story" his voice deepens and becomes more mumbly. Luckily true professional that he is he can switch from light hearted to true deep compassion and concern at the blink of an eye.

As the great Tobes would say (every other sentence ,"Its interesting isn't it.")

To which the answer is usually no Tobes it isn't

Edited by mickyboy

Awwwww a marmoset died ? Awww that’s awful :hihi: like you say his ever other sentence is that but he emphasises the end bit as in’t it :roll: