BBC Radio Sheffield is awful

It’s increasingly “woke” and had a definite remain bias during brexit.

Toby Foster us about as funny as mumps and the sport coverage is basically the Sheffield Wednesday propaganda machine.

if it disappeared overnight then it wouldn’t be missed by the majority

Cut the BBC budget by 50% ,its an organisation for making ordinary presenters millionairs,thats not what a public financed organisation should be all about,GET RID

7 hours ago, lazarus said:

I don’t want to listen to medical problems, de- cluttering experts?? treating dogs with stress, life experts? they give advice on investing pots of money, this is Sheffield most people don’t have pots of money to invest, it’s just terrible radio, Ronny Robinson and his awful forced laugh need pensioning off. 

yea get shut with him,makes you wonder why he's still on the pay roll looking at BBC scandal history

Yeah you're right chaddamp the BBC we're very corrupt and still are to this very day.....

I can't understand why anyone would want to be a presenter on  the BBC saying that people will do anything these days for 30 pieces silver...

Edited by Box11

14 hours ago, lazarus said:

I don’t want to listen to medical problems, de- cluttering experts?? treating dogs with stress, life experts? they give advice on investing pots of money, this is Sheffield most people don’t have pots of money to invest, it’s just terrible radio, Ronny Robinson and his awful forced laugh need pensioning off. 

Re: Rony Robinson.  About 10 or so years ago he was in the Brown Bear on a Saturday night.  The place was packed yet his voice & 'laugh' was recognisible over everyone else's. 

When he decided to leave it was "Byeeee landlord!  I SAID BYEEEEEEEE LANDLORD", so we were all aware that he was leaving & just how important he was. 

Brian Blessed wouldn't have stood a chance of being heard in the Brown Bear that night. 

8 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Re: Rony Robinson.  About 10 or so years ago he was in the Brown Bear on a Saturday night.  The place was packed yet his voice & 'laugh' was recognisible over everyone else's. 

When he decided to leave it was "Byeeee landlord!  I SAID BYEEEEEEEE LANDLORD", so we were all aware that he was leaving & just how important he was. 

Brian Blessed wouldn't have stood a chance of being heard in the Brown Bear that night. 

Sounds like a Billy Joel song.

17 hours ago, wearysmith said:

Ta for that. Wife’s got three of his books. Says they’re quite amusing.

I’ve read them too and they are good, a better use of my time than listening to Radio Sheffield 

football heaven ohdear dear oh,starts off the news,then the text address email address then twitter address then the phone number given out in slow motion,,0800,triple one ffffoooorty nnnnnnnnnnnnnine for tttttttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeee nine, that takes you up to traffic,atotal waste of time because 99 per cent are at home listening,and its word perfect every night ie traffic is very busy with people try ing to get home at the same time n next report its 6.30,things looking a bit better now as more people have got home .and then guess what at 6.45 yes its a lot better now than it was at 6.15 probably because every ones got home now,next weve got david who never stops for breath and tells you a load of waffle for ten minuets the presenter must go to the toilet and come back to cut him off,then the highlight for me brian the blade,he should run this show ie hello mike what a lovely man you are, its not mike brian its andy,  then you get brians catchphrase  .believe you me andy if they played billy sharpe every match we would win   every gamemike, its not mike its andy. but the the worst is whats coming up at 7 pm ellie, well shes so exited she doesn't know how they fit it all in and you wont want to missit.weve got fred bloggs from Barnsley that's had a goldfish 22 years,we are going to see who can get the most Jaffa cakes in their mouth.and we have  a man  who never takes his Christmas tree down so a really packed show cant wait.and what with giving out your listening to bbc radio Sheffield 13 times times up and it will be exactly the same tomorrow night …….thank for listening to bbc radio sheffield

RS traffic announcements this morning seem to have renamed streets and roads in South Yorkshire... "Erderek Dooley Way...Erm1...Erhanover Way..."

Where does RS dredge these people from?

Private Eye publish an article entitled Thick Britain, which quotes quiz contestants' wildly stupid answers to questions.

Here's a contender from RS this morning.  TF's co-presenter was asked "Name a state which does not contain a place called Foster."

"Chicago."

The loss of Gerry Kersey and Phil Butler, in 'The Cuts', has certainly reduced the programmes worthy of regular listenership.

4 hours ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

The loss of Gerry Kersey and Phil Butler, in 'The Cuts', has certainly reduced the programmes worthy of regular listenership.

Agree totally with Gerry  Kersey.  one positive  got rid of Rony and a big negative still stuck with Paulette Edwards theres got to be better out there.