Toby Foster now has a rival for most irritating voice on radio... The replacement last week...oh dear, the chunder- inducing saccharine... "My lovely...darling..."

Ugh!

Guest busdriver1

when I first moved to the area, I did listen to radio Sheffield but that did not last very long. Their output is in the main boring and fotball centered. There are a great many people like me that do not enjoy the sport and find the level of coverage of it out of proportion to its appeal. I previously lived in the home counties where local BBC radio was excellent and whilst sport was covered it was to a lesser degree and there was a more interactive approach to programming. 

Guest makapaka
13 hours ago, steved32 said:

Toby Foster now has a rival for most irritating voice on radio... The replacement last week...oh dear, the chunder- inducing saccharine... "My lovely...darling..."

Ugh!

she seems a nice lass and nowt against her but not for me.

On 31/01/2020 at 14:03, St Petre said:

1967, they were at Broomhill then.

Westbourne Road wasn't it? 

They were there for a good few years  - had an interview there about 1990 for the Finance / Admin managers job. While I was in the reception area got chatting to Tony Capstick - we sort of recognised each other from the folk circuit in the 70's. Perhaps why I didn't get the job 😎

RS also used to have a drop-in studio base in Union Street, from which at least a couple of programmes each week were transmitted live.

On 01/03/2020 at 23:06, Longcol said:

Westbourne Road wasn't it? 

They were there for a good few years  - had an interview there about 1990 for the Finance / Admin managers job. While I was in the reception area got chatting to Tony Capstick - we sort of recognised each other from the folk circuit in the 70's. Perhaps why I didn't get the job 😎

I worked for many years for a company called Troika on Clun Street. Great place. We were once the featured Firm Of The Week (or whatever the section was called). Tony Capstick and his soundman interviewed myself and other members of staff on a one-to-one basis throughout the day. He came dressed as Johnny Cash. Smashing bloke. Pre-interview we were speaking of Jasper Carrott, Mike Harding and other comedy acts we both liked. I warmed to the man. Good laugh. Saw him years later doing a book-signing with his mate the lawyer/author who had a regular slot (can't recall his name). Capstick was a real Radio Sheffield legend. 

Edited by wearysmith

Toby Foster? I would rather listen to Jack Duckworth.  :gag::hihi:

I don't know why people are still interested in Radio Sheffield it's absolutely awful there's always someone on there pouring their heart out  poor me poor me looking for sympathy on either PE or RR show...

There was someone on PE show  from a community place on the Wicker and the the topic was opinions and he said Hitler had a right to have an opinion absolutely crazy.....

I don't know where he gets his information from but he needs to take a hard look at himself.....

I'm glad I don't live in his community or PE they are totally delusion to say the least !!!!!

Edited by Box11
Typo

6 hours ago, wearysmith said:

I worked for many years for a company called Troika on Clun Street. Great place. We were once the featured Firm Of The Week (or whatever the section was called). Tony Capstick and his soundman interviewed myself and other members of staff on a one-to-one basis throughout the day. He came dressed as Johnny Cash. Smashing bloke. Pre-interview we were speaking of Jasper Carrott, Mike Harding and other comedy acts we both liked. I warmed to the man. Good laugh. Saw him years later doing a book-signing with his mate the lawyer/author who had a regular slot (can't recall his name). Capstick was a real Radio Sheffield legend. 

Steve Smith

http://www.yourstevesmith.com

I don’t want to listen to medical problems, de- cluttering experts?? treating dogs with stress, life experts? they give advice on investing pots of money, this is Sheffield most people don’t have pots of money to invest, it’s just terrible radio, Ronny Robinson and his awful forced laugh need pensioning off. 

So true Lazarus......

Edited by Box11
Typo