Just now, beefface said:

Hats off to Toby Foster for putting our p***poor, conniving, lying council under the spotlight re Chinese investment, trees etc. These people are seriously operating from a shallow talent pool.  Shafiq Iqbal appeared to think that simply trotting out half baked, poorly articulated rhetoric was enough to palm off the listeners of Radio Sheffield, perhaps he’s right, perhaps he feels that integrity, ability and accountability are wasted on the people of this city.

I only caught the last couple of minutes but  Mazher Iqbal (cabinet member for business and investment) was really struggling. He didnt come across well at all.  Hats off to him for allowing himself to be thrown to the dogs though. It really should have been the council leader Julie Dore that took that interview. No surprise she didnt though.

Julie Dore is utterly incapable of handling a pressure interview, have you heard her. Sheffield Council won’t allow her near a microphone!

21 minutes ago, beefface said:

Julie Dore is utterly incapable of handling a pressure interview, have you heard her. Sheffield Council won’t allow her near a microphone!

Yea I've heard Toby giving her a grilling before. She gets really mardy and becomes quite incoherent! If they wont let her do an interview maybe the chief exec should show his face. 

1 minute ago, beefface said:

If they won’t let her do an interview, perhaps she ought not to be doing the job.

Edited by beefface

12 hours ago, beefface said:

100% agree with this, she's totally useless, was this on this mornings show I'll have a listen.

23 hours ago, beefface said:

Sadly she IS Sheffield Council especially while they operate the "strong leader" model, so rightly so she doesn't allow herself to be interviewed. There's a bloke on Twitter who only ever refers to her as "The Dinner Lady" so I don't think he thinks she's particularly capable.

Who's in charge of appointing the presenters on radio Sheffield?, the one standing in for Toby seems to be ok, but her voice is terrible for radio, sounds like she's permanently full of cold. Hope RS isn't going down the road of 5 live etc where women presenters have to have a husky voices,

2 minutes ago, pintor said:

Who's in charge of appointing the presenters on radio Sheffield?, the one standing in for Toby seems to be ok, but her voice is terrible for radio, sounds like she's permanently full of cold. Hope RS isn't going down the road of 5 live etc where women presenters have to have a husky voices,

You mean Becky Measures? I think she's doing a good job, lots of enthusiasm and engaging.

5 minutes ago, overtheborder said:

You mean Becky Measures? I think she's doing a good job, lots of enthusiasm and engaging.

Yes,I agree, just wondering if she has cold

Yeah I agree BM is doing a excellent job can't understand why she hasn't got a slot of her own instead of filling in.....

14 hours ago, Box11 said:

Yeah I agree BM is doing a excellent job can't understand why she hasn't got a slot of her own instead of filling in.....

Yeah after a quick glance I'm surprised at that, I thought she'd have at least had a weekend slot. Hopefully it's out of choice, she prefers slotting in or has other work on etc.

I agree Becky Measures is good. I think she could be a good replacement for various presenters on the station. Starting with 'Howie'.  I havent noticed an issue with her voice. She's a wasted asset as a stand in presenter.