Checked out local travel today on RS on M1.  There was a "quiz" between Toby and another presenter.

Now, I'm assuming this was genuine:

Which year was the first motorised bus service introduced? (10-year latitude allowed):

Other presenter - 1991.  Motorised buses, 1991.  I kid you not, gentle listener, as TF might say.

Oh dear.  Subterranean depths going further at RS.

Guest makapaka
18 hours ago, steved32 said:

Checked out local travel today on RS on M1.  There was a "quiz" between Toby and another presenter.

Now, I'm assuming this was genuine:

Which year was the first motorised bus service introduced? (10-year latitude allowed):

Other presenter - 1991.  Motorised buses, 1991.  I kid you not, gentle listener, as TF might say.

Oh dear.  Subterranean depths going further at RS.

It was genuine I couldn’t believe it either.

6 hours ago, makapaka said:

It was genuine I couldn’t believe it either.

Give over now. 

Do you think they were discussing the deregulation of the subsidised bus service brought around by Margret Thatcher?

Edited by prince al

Anyone hear the Christian Carlisle show last night? Great work , all about local rock bands from Def Leppard to Hands Off Gretel. 3 epic hours.

Some odd Twitter activity last night, has Mr Foster been suspended again?

Just listening to Radio Sheffield and Toby Foster still talks very fast. He’s still good though !

Edited by pattricia

I could do without the free nelson Mandela jingle though .

1 hour ago, *Wallace* said:

I could do without the free nelson Mandela jingle though .

Me too, the "Call me" one got on my nerves too!

I agree totally the presenters need a total overall.....

It's supposed to be a local radio station there's alot more they could be reporting...

Certain presenters love to talk about themselves I was always taught that "anyone who does their own promoting are not worth listening to"

I stopped tuning into this station a while ago but I tried it again to see if it had improved but it hasn't....

Nevermind back to Radio 4....

I don't think the station is so bad & is very informative on local issues as well as good for local travel. The sports coverage is very good & I admit some of the presenters are run of the mill but they have to contend with cutbacks etc so your not going to get the Ken Bruce, Chris Evans standards on local stations plus you always have the added bonus of the buttons on the radio to either re-tune or just turn off.   

Edited by alf1956

15 hours ago, Box11 said:

I agree totally the presenters need a total overall.....

It's supposed to be a local radio station there's alot more they could be reporting...

Certain presenters love to talk about themselves I was always taught that "anyone who does their own promoting are not worth listening to"

I stopped tuning into this station a while ago but I tried it again to see if it had improved but it hasn't....

Nevermind back to Radio 4....

Yes Radio 4 takes some beating.