One evening last week i had the misfortune to tune into radio sheffield  and heard a very disturbing and offensive broadcast. I have emailed the staion outlining my complaint but as  yet had no response.  so was wondering who is actually in charge of the station  would it be the main BBC in london  as I feel  so cross about it  somenone in charge  needs to know  whats going out in their name.   

2 hours ago, Ms Interpret said:

One evening last week i had the misfortune to tune into radio sheffield  and heard a very disturbing and offensive broadcast. I have emailed the staion outlining my complaint but as  yet had no response.  so was wondering who is actually in charge of the station  would it be the main BBC in london  as I feel  so cross about it  somenone in charge  needs to know  whats going out in their name.   

Howard Pressman?

Guest makapaka

Very good recently in a morning.

kat harbourn is excellent and would be good on her own to be fair.

the newsreaders a good stick as well.

the 3 of them are funny together.

18 hours ago, Ms Interpret said:

Why didn’t you just turn it off and not listen to it? You chose to listen and then submitted a complaint. Ridiculous. I’m offended that you are offended.

7 hours ago, Happ said:

Why didn’t you just turn it off and not listen to it? You chose to listen and then submitted a complaint. Ridiculous. I’m offended that you are offended.

OH HERE WE GO !!  i tuned in for 10 mins on my way to work and didnt expect  a local station to be broadcasting   such material  I could ask why did you feel the need to answer my post just read it and move on.........  yes you are  ridiculous!

1 hour ago, Ms Interpret said:

OH HERE WE GO !!  i tuned in for 10 mins on my way to work and didnt expect  a local station to be broadcasting   such material  I could ask why did you feel the need to answer my post just read it and move on.........  yes you are  ridiculous!

It wasn’t really offensive though was it? You just thought your naive opinion was valid and sent a self righteous complaint off to the BBC believing it was “on behalf of the people of South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire”. You could have just switched it off and not listened instead. The broadcast would have been good listening to some, whatever it was. It’s not YOUR radio station.

19 hours ago, Happ said:

It wasn’t really offensive though was it? You just thought your naive opinion was valid and sent a self righteous complaint off to the BBC believing it was “on behalf of the people of South Yorkshire and North Derbyshire”. You could have just switched it off and not listened instead. The broadcast would have been good listening to some, whatever it was. It’s not YOUR radio station.

Self righteous? Mmmmmm......"...............

On 04/05/2019 at 23:11, Happ said:

Well how do you know? I  havent repeated what i heard  and  I have not complained on behalf of anyone but myself  If you read the  post I am simply asking who is in charge of the station beyond local management   I would also challenge your statement it is not MY radio station as  far as know it is funded by licence payers and subsidised by  tax payers, of which I contribute to both .  Maybe you are neither and  feel your opinion on forum posts  matters.... it doesnt  

18 minutes ago, Ms Interpret said:

Well how do you know? I  havent repeated what i heard  and  I have not complained on behalf of anyone but myself  If you read the  post I am simply asking who is in charge of the station beyond local management   I would also challenge your statement it is not MY radio station as  far as know it is funded by licence payers and subsidised by  tax payers, of which I contribute to both .  Maybe you are neither and  feel your opinion on forum posts  matters.... it doesnt  

I know, you know, everyone knows it wasn’t really offensive. Certainly not offensive in a term to warrant a complaint. Being offended over literally anything and everything is quite a common theme these days. Why can’t people just get on with it and not concern themselves with nonsense self pity. There are way more important things to worry about if you are so inclined to feel the need.

Guest makapaka
10 hours ago, Ms Interpret said:

What was said that upset you?

Had to laugh at the presenters yesterday discussing how chilly it was going to be  this May Day bank holiday?  Apparently, according to one of the presenters this will be the coldest since the May Day bank holiday was INVENTED!  

I'd no idea scientists had been working for years on the idea of a bank holiday. 

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Apparently, according to one of the presenters this will be the coldest since the May Day bank holiday was INVENTED!  

I'd no idea scientists had been working for years on the idea of a bank holiday. 

In a sense Bank Holidays were ‘invented’ by John Lubbock aka Lord Avebury in an Act of 1871.