Nope.  Just turned 7.00 am - "Good morning it's To..."  Click.

10 hours ago, steved32 said:

Nope.  Just turned 7.00 am - "Good morning it's To..."  Click.

And you posted this Friday night, not just now in the morning. Why even bother tuning in to toby if you cant be bothered to listen.

Edited by dutch

Briefly saw the final 3 candidates for the latest Radio Sheffield jobs. 

Thank God they didn't pick the youngest one whose apparent unique style was simply to shout everything.  She reminded me of Coronation St's, Gemma character. She was only on screen 20 seconds but I had blood running from my left ear. 

I decided to give the station another go this morning ,and straight away  the presenter was  discussing  his family , thats why I stopped in the first place so back to main stream radio.

Edited by Albert smith

Yes, I know what you mean. I've tried tuning in on the way to work to hopefully catch up on current local issues/ news etc and weather etc, but it's mainly inane waffle and  banter.  Radio 2 has also seriously dumbed down and now  also not an option for me.  These days I tend to just use playlists or listen to Magic, Smooth and LBC for news /debate etc. I'd rather listen to a few ads then the drivel on Radio Sheff and R2 these days.

Isn't this the "Norm" these days ?  Presenters either Radio or Television are all self, self, self !  The presenter on Radio Sheffield on Saturday / Sunday morning is the worst. You'd think she was the only woman to have had a child !

1 hour ago, Magneteer said:

Yes, I know what you mean. I've tried tuning in on the way to work to hopefully catch up on current local issues/ news etc and weather etc, but it's mainly inane waffle and  banter.  Radio 2 has also seriously dumbed down and now  also not an option for me.  These days I tend to just use playlists or listen to Magic, Smooth and LBC for news /debate etc. I'd rather listen to a few ads then the drivel on Radio Sheff and R2 these days.

Agree with that, have you heard Zoe Ball? Horrible, horrible, rubbishy chit chat, the  she may as well just be another commercial radio presenter with her 'crew' laughing at every word that drops from her mouth. 

The only two radio stations I ever listen to are BBC R4 and BBC 6 Music. Quality all the way.

3 hours ago, kevvy said:

Isn't this the "Norm" these days ?  Presenters either Radio or Television are all self, self, self !  The presenter on Radio Sheffield on Saturday / Sunday morning is the worst. You'd think she was the only woman to have had a child !

Mrs Foster has two daughters, unless perchance you hadn't heard.

39 minutes ago, steved32 said:

Mrs Foster has two daughters, unless perchance you hadn't heard.

I'm not on about the Foster's. Toby doesn't present on Saturdays or Sundays. Read the post !

Just now, sheffandy said:

Agree with that, have you heard Zoe Ball? Horrible, horrible, rubbishy chit chat, the  she may as well just be another commercial radio presenter with her 'crew' laughing at every word that drops from her mouth. 

Because my car doesn't have a digital radio, I used to keep having to alternate between Toby Foster, Chris Evans and John Humphreys as they were all super egotistical  @ %$£'s .I'm now restricted to Foster and Humphries because I just cannot bear the inane giggling whimpering and inanity of the simpering Zoe Ball.

3 hours ago, Halibut said:

The only two radio stations I ever listen to are BBC R4 and BBC 6 Music. Quality all the way.

We agree .At Last.