Makes note to tune back out in June

Makes note to tune back out in June

And me too.

I hear that Radio Outer Hebrides has a vacancy. Anywhere further away from Sheffield is OK with me.

Distance no object. With I-Player, anyone can listen online to just about any digital radio station across the World.

Its not the presenters it is the format of the breakfast show. It is tired and dated and has too much mindless chatter among the posse and not enough consideration of local or national news. The review of the papers could for instance be given more depth as could the local stories. I do not want to know what somebodies favourite toy was but I do want local news, more sports coverage, more topical debates and less banter. I listen to Radio Sheffield to get the local news at breakfast time and then I switch because the rest of the programme offers little of interest to me unless there is good coverage of a local issue.

Guest makapaka
Its not the presenters it is the format of the breakfast show. It is tired and dated and has too much mindless chatter among the posse and not enough consideration of local or national news. The review of the papers could for instance be given more depth as could the local stories. I do not want to know what somebodies favourite toy was but I do want local news, more sports coverage, more topical debates and less banter. I listen to Radio Sheffield to get the local news at breakfast time and then I switch because the rest of the programme offers little of interest to me unless there is good coverage of a local issue.

I think you're spot on.

We've recently had "do mushy peas go with gammon", "what would you spend your last £5er on" as fillers between features - not the best.

It's also partly why the "just turn over" brigade.

The show is not just about the presenter - so some have to put up with the presenter to get the bits they do like.

I think you're spot on.

We've recently had "do mushy peas go with gammon", "what would you spend your last £5er on" as fillers between features - not the best.

It's also partly why the "just turn over" brigade.

The show is not just about the presenter - so some have to put up with the presenter to get the bits they do like.

Every topic they talk about is in the mornings papers. They must just look through them all and pick out certain topics from each paper. We need more programmes about the people of Sheffield.

Think its a campain by Radio Sheffield to keep Abba songs alive!:(

I'll support that campaign all day long.

---------- Post added 17-05-2017 at 14:35 ----------

Every topic they talk about is in the mornings papers. They must just look through them all and pick out certain topics from each paper. We need more programmes about the people of Sheffield.

Outside of the studenty parts, not a lot of note goes on in Sheffield.

Guest makapaka

Kat err....Cowan err....wasn't err.....on this....errrr...morning.

She did ok though and seems a nice enough lass. Think paul walker is back in the saddle for a bit now.

It might be populist garbage bu lets look on the bright side. I am lead to believe that they've a cardboard Big Ben. I'm not 100% sure but I think they might have mentioned it once or twice

:)

Well it's nice to know that they're finally doing something to make the station more listenable... :cool: