To be fair we got a bit of info tonight on Radio Sheffield but after the rush hour at night info seems to dry up on all stations.

It is deadfull out there tonight.

Hi, if anyones interested I've set up a new forum for anything and everything to do with BBC Local Radio, we're currently in the middle of a discussion that includes the news that BBC Sheffield/Leeds/York are going to be sharing an afternoon show come February, if anyone is interested and wants to get involved we'd appreciate your input.

bbclocalradioforum.co.uk

Regards.

Darcy

I heard about the changes thats coming it the new year and to be honest Im not surprised with how the stations been operating recently.I am a R Sheff fan and hate to say this but Ronys prog is all talk , and its not even got any items like antiques or consumer help etc, they all seem to be later now.I hope they will now look into changing back Ronys show to how it was before.

Im am worried how R Sheff will keep its identity,when its sharing news etc with the other stations.It will be like the late night progs I suppose but the trouble is it could lose some of irs informality etc when this happens.It s going to look like they might has well call it BBC Radio Yorks .Is this the future I wonder? Im also interested in joining your forum.

aww paulette is soon to be no more. she might become the stations tea lady. while the station is looking at re-inventing itself they should look at replacing rony robinson. rony's show is stale and dated. please b.b.c sheffield lets have some new people brought in.

goodness is that important! It is local after all. I enjoy Howie in the early hours before schoolTtoby whilst getting the teenager up (and recently news on whether she is going to schoolwith snow) and rony listening to pensioners complaining and paulette who plays dam good music....I even listen to Seth as I know nothing bout football but at least I can quote what is going on...I love local radio!!!

this horrendous snowy weather is awful as im sure many of us will agree.

however it's not all bad. the snow meant that rony robinson couldn't get in to the studio today to do his drivel. in a sadistic way lets hope for more snow:D

Is Toby Foster still banging on about his jughead brother in law and the freezing cold house he bought somewhere near Rotherham? There's only so much of that rubbish one can listen too! Unless of course you want to know where the meter readers are on a specific day?

any update on when paulette is leaving the afternoon slot?. after listening to her recently i hope it happens soon. she is a terrible presenter. i am looking forward to the replacement show that is going to broadcast on radio sheffield and radio leeds.

any update on when paulette is leaving the afternoon slot?. after listening to her recently i hope it happens soon. she is a terrible presenter.

According to the report in The Star in November 2010 about this change it happens in February (although since January 31st is a Monday I think it could happen then).

http://www.thestar.co.uk/headlines/Plug-pulled-on-BBC-radio.6640408.jp

The station's website only has schedules for a couple of weeks in advance so if you want to know keep checking.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sheffield/programmes/schedules

i am looking forward to the replacement show that is going to broadcast on radio sheffield and radio leeds.

I'm not getting my hopes up.

Are the major bozo's at the bbc still planning on the wholesale slaughter of local radio ?:mad::mad::mad:

I certainly hope not, enjoy listening to Toby on my way to work

Yes, I enjoy TF, he's cool. Rony Robinson is just tragic, an old bloke who is just pretending to be something he is not, in order to pander to what he thinks the average listener will enjoy. Boring.