That was an outrageous interview, Foster completely lost the plot and became biased, eventually cutting the chap he was interviewing off so that he could have the last word :loopy:. A complete abuse of his position. He clearly is not a journalist, so why do they let him loose interviewing people.

That was the last straw for me as well with Radio Sheffield. Those in charge there have much to learn - perhaps they have just stopped listening to local folk.

I am still waiting for a response from the producton team as I requested.I'm not holding my breath.

Its getting more boring with the amount of talk , mainly about nothing, before Lunchtime, just cheap radio filling the time .

I hate to say this because its was my favourite station, I just hope someone will take note of what we are saying.

I agree with most of what people have said here about Radio Sheffield. It too often sounds tired, cheesy and frankly boring so with that in mind can I point you in the direction of Sheffield Live 93.2fm

http://www.sheffieldlive.org/

I admit I have a conflict of interest as I present the Friday Breakfast Show but I think throughout the schedule there are many shows playing a wide variety of great music and demonstrating real talent, warmth and humour

...and for a shameless plug check out my breakfast show here;

http://www.sheffieldlive.org/podcast/index.php?id=7107

I like Radio Sheffield and it is much better than Radio Hallam.

It's Hallam FM! We sadly lost "Radio" Hallam in the late 80's! :(

Edited by Joe9T

Paullette is a terrible presenter, Howie was good in the afternoon , why the switch ?

I also now tune in to radio 2.

Seth infuriates me also with his radio voice ( smashie & nicey ) this guy was at school in sheffield , why the stupid american slant in his voice.

Im not a journalist Im a comedian has got to be the line of the week ( toby Foster )

I listened to Howard Pressman the other day, who once was with Radio Hallam, and he is NOT good at all. Rony is by far a better presenter. I'm not saying his programme couldn't do with a few tweaks, here and there and I agree with the music side and playing 80's all the time, but Rony himself IS a true professional at what he does. :) A BIG UP 4 "OUR" Rony! :)

Edited by Joe9T

That was an outrageous interview, Foster completely lost the plot and became biased, eventually cutting the chap he was interviewing off so that he could have the last word :loopy:. A complete abuse of his position. He clearly is not a journalist, so why do they let him loose interviewing people.

That was the last straw for me as well with Radio Sheffield. Those in charge there have much to learn - perhaps they have just stopped listening to local folk.

Comedy Genious, it made me laugh anyway. The guy he was interviewing was a muppet, so well done Toby.

I love the frequent Eccleshall Road and Bea Chief mentions. It also does it's best to show Sheffield no favour over Chesterfield, Rotherham, Barnsley and Doncaster, what's the name of the station by the way?

As far as I'm concerned RS is aimed at a left wing, below average IQ audience. We are a city of circa 500,000 souls, we have two universities, leading childrens and cancer hospitals, we have some very bright folk in Sheffield, unfortunately they don't have a local radio station that caters to their level of intelligence.

The presenters and topics at radio sheffield are much better than the commercial stations but unfortunately they are not in charge of their own music.

The presenters and topics at radio sheffield are much better than the commercial stations but unfortunately they are not in charge of their own music.

Id like to ask what music ?They have a rule of no music on the breakfast show betweem 7-9a.m,and theres still not much till 1.30 p.m.

Ive said before I like Rony but since the re-scheduling earlier this year, there too many studio chat,about nothing.

Any body heard Radio Norfolk?Well its getting as bad as that.

Edited by shaash

Out of interest, what is the coverage area for Radio Sheff? Is it supposed to cover all of South Yorkshire? If so, why isn't it called BBC Radio South Yorkshire?

"Toby Foster" and "sense of humour" is an oxymoron!

mick

Dont say Ive got to Google the word oxymoron ?:suspect:

I do not think that Toby Foster is very good at interviewing people, as he talks to fast, but regarding funny topics he is.

Hi, if anyones interested I've set up a new forum for anything and everything to do with BBC Local Radio, we're currently in the middle of a discussion that includes the news that BBC Sheffield/Leeds/York are going to be sharing an afternoon show come February, if anyone is interested and wants to get involved we'd appreciate your input.

bbclocalradioforum.co.uk

Regards.

Darcy