I sometimes listen to radio sheff,but its a painfull listen.All they have to do is speak,but far too often for a so called BBC station,they let us sheffielders badly down. Dont believe me?.Well listen for a day to say bbc york or lincoln or any bbc station,log there errors then if you can have a day listening to our citys station.Radio sheff,buck your ideas up please.I want to be proud of my city,but your letting us down.

If you want crappy music every minute listen to another radio station. BBC Radio Sheffield provides and excellent service.

I sometimes listen to radio sheff,but its a painfull listen.All they have to do is speak,but far too often for a so called BBC station,they let us sheffielders badly down. Dont believe me?.Well listen for a day to say bbc york or lincoln or any bbc station,log there errors then if you can have a day listening to our citys station.Radio sheff,buck your ideas up please.I want to be proud of my city,but your letting us down.

if your going to make a point on here at least have a point to make?

I generally like Radio Sheffield (with the exception of Rony Robinson....i just turn his program off he drives me nuts. Everything he says is with a looney lefty, unionist ex-teacher hat on!)

For balanced debate I prefer Toby Foster's show also with lots of humour thrown in outside the debates. I used to listen to Howard Pressman in the afternoons with his Connect 4 but he's now on too early for me. Football Heaven is a must if you like footy with Seth, Paul and the rest of the gang. Football coverage is also a god-send as well....where would we be without that eh football fans. And Steve White plays the best music on all the station in my opinion....how's he's not got a better gig at this station is beyond me!

Id say 8/10 which i think is pretty impressive for a local station. Good job guys!

Apart from sport, Radio Sheffield is dire.

And I agree entirely with the OP regarding the likes of Radio York. It's superior and an example of what local radio should be like. They have a superb presenter in Jonathan Cowap whose phone-in show is streets ahead of Rony Robinson (whom I think should be looking after his tomatoes and playing bowls instead of boring us to death on air).

I'll agree, Radio Sheffield is dire. But only because they have Boring Bob Walmsley replacing Toby Foster at the moment.

Raw Talent on a Thursday night with Iain Hodgson is worth a listen

Is that the local bands programme? If so, yes I agree that's been very good whenever I've caught it.

Other than that and the football coverage, Radio Sheff is an embarrassment. It's for thick old biddies (apologies to any thick old biddies, but you know what I mean). Then when they run out of awful gossipy items about allotments or Barnsley chops or whatever, they stick on Barry Manilow or some other dross to fill the air time cheaply. I can't bear it.

There are more important problems with Radio Sheffield than mouse clicks in the back ground:

There are factual problems with radio sheffield especially travel reports apart from the occasions when the link doesnt work and the presenter just carrys on and issues no apology or no updates.

The basic problem is the traffic reporters have very little knowledge of the road network other than the motorway network , and even less knowledge of public transport.

The oddest I had was when I rang in to report a broken-down bus that was holding up traffic in the morning rush-hour. I reported it was on Whitham Road, and got the answer "Is that in Sheffield, only there's a Whitham Road in Hull."

Tune in to Sheffield Live to hear any language except English being spoken :shakes:

I must admit, I have tried to listen to radio sheffield through out the day but its boring as hell!

I enjoy a bit of toby foster mainly cos he's a comedian but i never end up listening to him anyway.

the only thing radio sheffield is good for is updates around sheffield when it has snowed or flooded so you know whats closed.

I'll agree, Radio Sheffield is dire. But only because they have Boring Bob Walmsley replacing Toby Foster at the moment.

I have to agree with you

Bob Walmsley is dire.

But you cannot knock all RS

Although Rony is well past his sell by date and In My Opinion Paulette Edwards is terrible.

Sarah Major Dean Pepall and the Boy White are very good

Toby And Paul Walker good in the breakfast show.

And whilst Everard Davy is excellent it is good to hear the odd female voice like at present on the news.

Just my opinion

Football Heaven is a must if you like footy with Seth, Paul and the rest of the gang.

You must be joking.

Seth Bennett? The worst football presenter ever.

Whenever a caller has a valid point that dares to go against what this berk thinks then they get short shrift or cut off or both.

An absoulte stinker of a presenter who should be packed back off to reporting on the Steelers.

And don't get me started on Walker........Jeez. These two have turned this programme in the Brian the Blade show, they love him.

Me and plenty others just don't bother listening anymore, and can you blame us?

Edited by happyhippy
fixed tags

You must be joking. Seth Bennett? The worst football presenter ever.

Whenever a caller has a valid point that dares to go against what this berk thinks then they get short shrift or cut off or both.

An absoulte stinker of a presenter who should be packed back off to reporting on the Steelers.

And don't get me started on Walker........Jeez. These two have turned this programme in the Brian the Blade show, they love him.

Me and plenty others just don't bother listening anymore, and can you blame us?

So if the team you support is away from home, you don't listen to the coverage because you don't like Paul or Seth?...... Well you've got to admire a man of principles.

Edited by happyhippy
fixed tags