Rony is BRILLIANT !... If you're over 70 and going batty.

Otherwise he is now a rather tired old man, with no new ideas, relying on the rants and reminices of boring old farts.

I half-listened to his phone in show, most old bags and silly old coffin dodgers would ignore the topic set by Rony, and instead rant about how aweful their pension was/dog **** on their pavements/bus times.

I stopped listening totally after he did the forum thing where the nearly-deads would tell listeners that they had "just made a pie", "going to water my window plants" or "stroking my pussy". Dead radio.

Rony's audience must be dwindling now, not through crap radio, but the fact there all gradually being thrown 6 foot under.

Bring back Toby in the afternoon for 3 hours.

I am a fan of Radio Sheffield but understand some of the comments on here.

I always listen to Toby Foster in the morning although he does make me cringe on occasions. Maybe that is why I listen.

I think Rony's forum is entertaining and good local radio.

I am a football fan and think the idea of putting football heaven on at 6pm every evening was inspired.

The thing about local radio or radio in general is that you can dip in and out. Not every show is going to appeal to everybody.

Like someone else mentioned I turn off when 'girl's talk' comes on. Also get bored with the weight loss, chiroprators hour etc. although do listen out for Neil Grant for his gardening stuff.

Like I say you; can choose to listen or not.

Agree also that it was a shame Diana Luke left.

But I disagree with the local news coverage comments. I think Radio Sheffield are brilliant with local news stories. Their floods coverage was excellent. I think the role of local radio is more interactive rather than informative. Most people get the local stories from the Star and then discuss them on the radio or on here.

For that Radio Sheffield is brilliant. Hearing peoples accounts during the floods was really poignant.

Maybe they did not cover the local elections that much. But that would probably have been because nobody rang up about it. Most people were not really that bothered.

Agree also that it was a shame Diana Luke left.

She that American bird?

Yes. There is a link and a thread dedicated to her on here somewhere

I think she is Canadian though!

Yes. There is a link and a thread dedicated to her on here somewhere

I'm sorry to hear she's gone :(

I didn't listen to as much as I would have liked to, as she was on at a strange time, but she did have the loveliest voice* and a great interview manner.

*Even better than Antonia Brickell's voice :love:

I'll check out that thread!

Look on ex pats for the threads about What happened to Radio Hallam etc, save me typing it all again.

Rony is BRILLIANT !... If you're over 70 and going batty.

Otherwise he is now a rather tired old man, with no new ideas, relying on the rants and reminices of boring old farts.

I half-listened to his phone in show, most old bags and silly old coffin dodgers would ignore the topic set by Rony, and instead rant about how aweful their pension was/dog **** on their pavements/bus times.

I stopped listening totally after he did the forum thing where the nearly-deads would tell listeners that they had "just made a pie", "going to water my window plants" or "stroking my pussy". Dead radio.

Rony's audience must be dwindling now, not through crap radio, but the fact there all gradually being thrown 6 foot under.

Bring back Toby in the afternoon for 3 hours.

Why do you have to insult all over 70s.

A lot of over 70s have better lives than you "young uns" who don't spend there day looking on here for a bit of "entertainment".

Try getting out yourself and look at what pensioners do today, long gone are the days staying in front of the T.V wearing carpet slippers and pipe the older gen have lives and if you get to 70 then lets see if your life comes up to scratch, somehow its doubtfull.

Tanz Aged 48 old fougie

I sometimes listen to radio sheff,but its a painfull listen.All they have to do is speak,but far too often for a so called BBC station,they let us sheffielders badly down. Dont believe me?.Well listen for a day to say bbc york or lincoln or any bbc station,log there errors then if you can have a day listening to our citys station.Radio sheff,buck your ideas up please.I want to be proud of my city,but your letting us down.

Edited by jarthy95

I hate when they smack their lips on the mic, or that stupid mouse clicking in the background. I cannot listen to it.

I dont quite understand what you are talking about

What are you complaining about - the way presenters speak??:mad:

'log there errors' should be log their errors

Edited by markfor
mistake

There are more important problems with Radio Sheffield than mouse clicks in the back ground:

There are factual problems with radio sheffield especially travel reports apart from the occasions when the link doesnt work and the presenter just carrys on and issues no apology or no updates.

The actual content is sometimes way below the standard you would expect not only on the road net work - incidents at woodsetts been reported at woodseats despite the road numbers been no where near sheffield - reports of roads been blocked but they dont mention bus services . The classic of this was a burst water main on woodseats road when I rang radio sheffield to tell them the comment was "Do bues go up woodseats road" by reply was yes since 1929 !

A report of a bridge strike (lorry hitting railway bridge) but they didnt mention railway services..

Reports of doncaster railway station been shut when the problem only involves local trains and east coast working as normal.

Frequant incidents of reporting a "the xxxx train from doncaster to machester is cancelled it calls at sheffield at xxxx hours" no mention of stops at meadowhall, dore etc.

The basic problem is the traffic reporters have very little knowledge of the road network other than the motorway network , and even less knowledge of public transport.