I usually enjoy Radio Sheffield apart from Friday mornings and the "Girls Talk" portion. As soon as that part of the programme is trailed I tune into something else for half an hour. It is pointless drivel. I am a "girl" but it really gets on my nerves. And the way the male presenters pretend to be intererested is nauseating.

And the way the male presenters pretend to be intererested is nauseating.

Yeah, well, no matter how much we try, blokes can't feign an interest in shoes or handbags :hihi:

*well they can, but there'd be something seriously wrong with them

It's not been the same station since Tony Capstick was forced out and the politically correct "right on brigade" moved in.

Dumbed down crap for the masses is all it is now :(

well said that man ;) couldnt agree more.. the toby foster show is still pretty good albeit lacking his woodseats sidekick, Jamie, that anna bird gets on my tits.. as for the other presenters the only one i would give any listening to is Howie pressman, steve white is a purile plonker from dingle land, gareth welshy is a boring as counting the number of atoms in a mars bar and roney robinson !! got his head so far up the bbc's backside he has to leave his shoe laces undone... the rest of em with exception to miss p are pants fill in sidekicks... Capstick was ace and the day they sacked him was the downfall of our own radio station,, een Roney had the nerve to stick a knife in tonys back when he died and had to apologise live on air... he has nothing but praise for him now the two faced gittish bbc pc git.. thats my two penneth then ;):D:D

perhaps there should be a bit more emphasis on local news.

That would require journalists which sadly seem to be in very short supply on local radio these days.

However, there doesn't seem to be a shortage of cash for sports journalists and ex footballer pundits to send on jollies.

Is the BBC dumbing down? Of course.

The traffic reports especially public transport is bad they have no knowledge of the local area and as for getting the lcoal names right Iam sick of OWLERTON been said wrong

well said that man ;) couldnt agree more.. the toby foster show is still pretty good albeit lacking his woodseats sidekick, Jamie, that anna bird gets on my tits.. as for the other presenters the only one i would give any listening to is Howie pressman, steve white is a purile plonker from dingle land, gareth welshy is a boring as counting the number of atoms in a mars bar and roney robinson !! got his head so far up the bbc's backside he has to leave his shoe laces undone... the rest of em with exception to miss p are pants fill in sidekicks... Capstick was ace and the day they sacked him was the downfall of our own radio station,, een Roney had the nerve to stick a knife in tonys back when he died and had to apologise live on air... he has nothing but praise for him now the two faced gittish bbc pc git.. thats my two penneth then ;):D:D

Toby Foster ......brilliant, but i have to say Roney Robinson, sorry Roney if you are reading this , but so boring !!!! I realise there are older citizens out there that need a moan off now and again, but day in and day out at prime time ......no more memory lane please - more day to day (recent) news topics for open discussion would be nice !!

sorry about the rant but.................at last a forum where i can air my opinion . :)

Also, Paulettes interviews recently have been fab ....keep up the good work love !!

Jimmy Carol is good too he should be on more often.

the bit on ronys show called ronys forum makes me smile, its usually a topic straight from here.

And how come i can get better reception of Minster Fm from sodding York than i get from radio Chuff ????? even if i try the three fm frequencies they allways get wiped out by local radio :loopy: Yes tinternet radio is ok but iv not got it in my car yet !!!! :mad::huh::help:

I like Terry Wogan in the morning, i stopped listening to Radio Sheffield when the took Diana Luke off air! she was fab, I used to listen to her on GLR in London when i was visiting friends, she was a real asset to Radio Sheffield pity they didn't see it!

Remember Antonia ???? how awful was she ??

Had a quick look round for some of the lost people on here:

Diana Luke seems to still be in Sheffield, Woodseats in fact: http://www.dianaluke.org/

Antonia Brickell at BBC Cambridge http://www.bbc.co.uk/cambridgeshire/content/articles/2007/03/30/radio_cambridgeshire_profile_antonia_brickell_feature.shtml

You can probably listen on line if you miss her that much Wallace.

And Curly Watts, Gazza, I was going to tell you can find him presenting on BBC London http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/articles/2005/05/04/tom_watt_person_profile.shtml but actually that's Lofty off East Enders. But an easy mistake to make.

What I did find is while looking for Antonia that BBC Cambridgeshire has two news services for the North and South of the County. There are other stations that have local opt outs. So why doesn't Radio Sheffield (apart from football commentary). It must cover one of the larger populations of the BBC stations, certainly much more than Cambridgeshire....