The first challenge for the Lib dems in Sheffield

Sorry..you say message 112....we are only on message 36.

Where is 112 to be found?

I know it is a bit late. Have I misunderstood?

It's post 26. Go back through the thread.

I am concerned by your lack of sympathy with people in this position. The new initiatives are likely to be just as disasterous as the youth training and jobfinding schems.

it is laso untrue the UK economy is flourishing and creating jobs as a previous poster claims, these are usually fast food/ callcentre low paid ones, nor that all problems will be magically solved by enterprise and initiative.

:rolleyes::mad::P:hihi:

So who do I need to raise the issue with then?.Are you all saying that the LIb Dems have no responsibility and that it is the Labour central government who are responsible.Still no reply from the Lib Dems....

Are there any MPS who can shed the light on this and answer my original question.

I dont really care about the buerocracy.the fact remains that people on incap need support to get off it and money needs to be put aside for this.

In Sheffield, money used to be given to Bridge employment, a charity supporting people with mental health problems, autism and learning disabilities to get in to work and, keep a job with intensive and long term support.But they have had their funding cut????

Does this government not realise how much money they need to put in to organisations such as Bridge Employment as the package that they provide can take a long time and is extremely effective.

Years ago, people had not heard of dyslexia and dyspraxia.they did not understand issues like Alzheimers.Now, when you mention these problems, people understand them, but not the difficulties associated with mental health and autism, so if you cant see it, then why do anything about it.It can be put to one side until people start complaining about it and when the Government realise that the people will not tolerate it any longer, they will eventually do something about it.

I feel the new measures to be introduced in October will be disastrous for people who are forced to take a job if there is little understanding of their needs.They need long term support and understanding and I am not sure thet they will get this.

But the Council does give out grants to voluntary groups.

Are you sure that none of the support groups that exist in Sheffield get no help?

Trouble is these days councils are tightly bound by the performance agenda and have to do more or less exactly what the government wants (or at least look like they are).

So if this isn't a performance target it's really hard to divert funding to it.

Trouble is these days councils are tightly bound by the performance agenda and have to do more or less exactly what the government wants (or at least look like they are).

So if this isn't a performance target it's really hard to divert funding to it.

It must be a performance target if they want to get people off benefits and in to work though? Surely? Maybe I am just singing from a different song sheet to everyone else.

It must be a performance target if they want to get people off benefits and in to work though? Surely? Maybe I am just singing from a different song sheet to everyone else.

Or ignoring the fact that councils deal with specific local things, not implementing national government schemes (not most of them anyway).

it's in the Sheffield Economic Strategy

Lets have a link and a page number then please.

Presumably it won't be the 2004 version that says the opposite?

So who do I need to raise the issue with then?.Are you all saying that the LIb Dems have no responsibility and that it is the Labour central government who are responsible.Still no reply from the Lib Dems....

Whom exactly are you expecting to reply? I suppose that the newly elected councilors are all quite busy and aren't just waiting around on SF to answer your questions.

Are there any MPS who can shed the light on this and answer my original question.

MPS? Are we talking about council or central government, and have we ever had an MP posting on SF?

I dont really care about the buerocracy.the fact remains that people on incap need support to get off it and money needs to be put aside for this.

In Sheffield, money used to be given to Bridge employment, a charity supporting people with mental health problems, autism and learning disabilities to get in to work and, keep a job with intensive and long term support.But they have had their funding cut????

Does this government not realise how much money they need to put in to organisations such as Bridge Employment as the package that they provide can take a long time and is extremely effective.

Years ago, people had not heard of dyslexia and dyspraxia.they did not understand issues like Alzheimers.Now, when you mention these problems, people understand them, but not the difficulties associated with mental health and autism, so if you cant see it, then why do anything about it.It can be put to one side until people start complaining about it and when the Government realise that the people will not tolerate it any longer, they will eventually do something about it.

I feel the new measures to be introduced in October will be disastrous for people who are forced to take a job if there is little understanding of their needs.They need long term support and understanding and I am not sure thet they will get this.

I don't think this policy is about making ill people work. It's about getting the work shy and lazy back to work.

This is exactly what I am saying.

Bridge Employment has a really good reputation in Sheffield and the only organisation in Sheffield tackling this problem effectively.

I heard that DWP Incapacity advisors just send people down there saying "bridge are better equipped to help you than we are" and don't really do anything themselves.

Connexions send people in that position down there as well.

I had suspected they had had their funding cut.

The MP's you should approach I think are Meg Munn and the MP for Hillsborough.

It isn't about getting the "work shy and lazy" back to work but just getting the social security budget down without adequate provision to help ICap Benefit people to find jobs. At the moment there is no real system, it's just assumed they will get better and start looking for work. part of the reason is of course that health and DWP as it is now are completely different departments.

What it will do is to create a vast number of tribunal hearings with probably some being pushed back on InCap without any effective assistance for medical treatment or help in finding a job.

:rolleyes::mad::(:o

Bridge Employment has a really good reputation in Sheffield and the only organisation in Sheffield tackling this problem effectively.

I heard that DWP Incapacity advisors just send people down there saying "bridge are better equipped to help you than we are" and don't really do anything themselves.

It isn't about getting the "work shy and lazy" back to work but just getting the social security budget down without adequate provision to help ICap Benefit people to find jobs. At the moment there is no real system, it's just assumed they will get better and start looking for work. part of the reason is of course that health and DWP as it is now are completely different departments.

What it will do is to create a vast number of tribunal hearings with probably some being pushed back on InCap without any effective assistance for medical treatment or help in finding a job.

I totally agree,the thing is though, they will then be pushed on to JSA, not incap and then the usual issues arise as they are forced to take a job with little support.

They will actually be put on to JSA and that could only be disastrous!

It will be if they lose the tribunal hearings.

However once put on JSA it will be disasterous.