Is anyone inundated with dandelions?

I seem to be inundated with dandelions this year. Big massive ones that are everywhere. Has anyone else got a lot ?:huh:

Sorry, wrong post.

They are everywhere Pattricia they seem to be springing up overnight.

They are everywhere Pattricia they seem to be springing up overnight.

Wallace thanks for your reply. I wonder why we have so many this year ? Do you know the best way to get rid of them ? Would you dig them up?

It's all that mineral rich sahara sand that came over. My garden is glorious with them. Bring on the bumble bees!

It's all that mineral rich sahara sand that came over. My garden is glorious with them. Bring on the bumble bees!

Youve got them as well then ? :hihi::hihi:

Yuppdeedoo. :shocked: It's like a dandelion wilderness in my garden. I sent he hubby out at 6.30pm to take care of it and I haven't seen hide nor hair of him since. Guess I just have to find a new one now :rolleyes:

Yuppdeedoo. :shocked: It's like a dandelion wilderness in my garden. I sent he hubby out at 6.30pm to take care of it and I haven't seen hide nor hair of him since. Guess I just have to find a new one now :rolleyes:

What do you suggest I do to get rid of them Any ideas ? I may try salt.

If it's anything like our garden then you should have tied some rope around him, so you can get him out of there.

There's loads of them. I'm not only behind on the lottie I've now got to takle these monsters.

Vinegar or boiling water. Failing that... a husband armed with a trowel and knee pad.

OoooH.... now then, boiling water would be satisfying....

I bought a dandelion trowel a fortnight ago - just a posh blade-knife-trowel-type thingy. I've been away this weekend, and it has gone crazy in my absence - so, tomorrow night I'm going to be on to the case! Dig 'em up and stamp on them!

Which brings me on to the slugs.... :(

OoooH.... now then, boiling water would be satisfying....

I bought a dandelion trowel a fortnight ago - just a posh blade-knife-trowel-type thingy. I've been away this weekend, and it has gone crazy in my absence - so, tomorrow night I'm going to be on to the case! Dig 'em up and stamp on them!

Which brings me on to the slugs.... :(

Slugs, my nemesis' (sp). After last years experiments; this year I want to try the biodynamic approach... collecting them, barbeque them, mix the ashes with water and stir for hours in a figure 8, then pour on the area to be slug free. :|