Hands Up If You Attended Frecheville School Mid 50s

On 05/08/2008 at 18:52, Laughter said:

Hi, Sadly Miss Green died last year age 98, they allways say the Good die young!!

my hand still hurts from her cane when I hear her name.I left in 1962.

anybody remember 'Slats' setting fire to the classromm, he was showing our form how 'not' to open a jar with a flamimable item in it but can not remember what!!

who remembers cooking with Miss Body? she was like a stick insect. Jim Greensmith was in our class as was Jacko (David Jackson) policeman's son. Sadly I went to Both my friends funeral about 1o years ago. makes me feel really old. but oh so many happy memories.pm me for my e.mail add.

I got cane by most teachers at frechville but most times I deserved it , you make miss green out to be a tyrant . What world did you live in . From someone who was worse than most 

On 06/05/2008 at 09:25, son returned said:

Did you attend Frecheville Secondary Modern School in the mid 1950s, if so, what are your memories?

My my what good memories I had at this school I was at this school from 1960 up to 1965, my name is David Seeds and my brother Dennis Seeds also went at this school, any body remember, Mr Booth the PE teacher,I can remember all the teacher at this school when I attended there.

4 minutes ago, dseeds61@gmail. said:

My my what good memories I had at this school I was at this school from 1960 up to 1965, my name is David Seeds and my brother Dennis Seeds also went at this school, any body remember, Mr Booth the PE teacher,I can remember all the teacher at this school when I attended there.

The PE teacher when I was there was Mr Stenton. He was fine with the pupils who were good at sport and I’ll say no more.

What other teachers do you remember?

echo.

57 minutes ago, dseeds61@gmail. said:

I attended Frechville school For 1955 till Christmas 1958 I thought the school was ok Some on here like to  dramatise about the teachers  You. got the cane if you did wrong  Anyone would think it was terrible Rubbish  To some it was the shame not the pain   When I was 14 I knew got I  was going to do manual work  So did not attend all the time , But the school was as good a any 

Did Neil Warnock go there, as he was a Frecheville kid then?

9 hours ago, St Petre said:

Not while I was there , Mark Pearson  who played for Manchester  united  just left before i started. there 

16 hours ago, St Petre said:

In a word, yes.

George Best also recorded a series of children’s football tv programmes called ‘The Best in Football’ on Frecheville school’s fields in 1971.

Alan Woodward and Roger Wylde were also pupils.

echo.

Edited by echo beach

1 hour ago, echo beach said:

In a word, yes.

George Best also recorded a series of children’s football tv programmes called ‘The Best in Football’ on Frecheville school’s fields in 1971.

echo.

I would have left Frechville when he wasat that school, But was never interested in football cycling was my sport and still not interested in it 

3 hours ago, echo beach said:

In a word, yes.

echo.

My Uncles claim to fame was that he beat Roger Wylde at cross country when they were there .😀

47 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

My Uncles claim to fame was that he beat Roger Wylde at cross country when they were there .😀

I missed the last one I left a Christmas. Think it was held in February That was one thing I loved at school .Did it for north east Derbyshire in third year