Hands Up If You Attended Frecheville School Mid 50s

Hi Stuart Herriot (alias nipper Herriot) here. I was at Frecheville school from infants to seniors left in 1961. I remember all the teachers everybody mentioned, was caned by 99% of them. Played football for the school remember Dick Crookes I caught him up at cross country couldn't quite pass him, well done Dickie. Living in Malta, brilliant. Sister Margaret brother David.

Hi Stuart, Did you get the photo I sent you of the football team with you Dickie and my Hubby Ken Hollingsworth. I was in the next Bed to Margaret in the N.Gen. for a minor opp. I still see Dickie, Jeff Clarke, Pete Hides, Hillary Watson, Mollie Sherwood, Josie Harrison, Billy Welbourne, Tony Randle. I am sure it was all the cane on my hands that caused my Arthritus !!! Some great day on Frecheville, was up there a few weeks back ( I go when I want a few memories!) They have done it all up and it looks great.

Nice Talking. Hazel Orio.

Hi all.

First time on forum and what a great intro. Absolutely loved reading your posts reminiscing from your school days. I think my mum went to Frechville School. She was born 1949. Is this going to similar school years to everyone else posting on here?

Keep the stories and memories coming. Cheers

Does anyone remember the surname marshall or whitty?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

---------- Post added 04-02-2013 at 05:21 ----------

are you jaquelines son then bye

is this forum member still around?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

hi there anyone remember Bill Hudson Billy Coyle Jimmy Swift Jaquline Bethel love to know if there still out there Elizabeth48

hi, just joined the forum and found this thread. i attended frecheville left '75. my brother also went to frecheville hes 6yrs older than me. we lived on silkstonecrescent and i remember most of names.

hi,my dad lived on the crescent.he was a marshall...well there was 9 of them altogether!!!!! he lived at 37.

hiya my wife went to frechvill and lived next door to Colin and David Marchall on silkstone cresant here name then was Pat Halliday bye far now

Bet you missed the english grammar lessons !

lived next door to jimmy swift, coyles lived further down the road, do you mean the bethels that lived across from the junior school ?

Hi Stuart, Did you get the photo I sent you of the football team with you Dickie and my Hubby Ken Hollingsworth. I was in the next Bed to Margaret in the N.Gen. for a minor opp. I still see Dickie, Jeff Clarke, Pete Hides, Hillary Watson, Mollie Sherwood, Josie Harrison, Billy Welbourne, Tony Randle. I am sure it was all the cane on my hands that caused my Arthritus !!! Some great day on Frecheville, was up there a few weeks back ( I go when I want a few memories!) They have done it all up and it looks great.

Nice Talking. Hazel Orio.

I used to go out with a Hilary Watson,that was a great loss to me when she ditched me,my fault though,still think of her after all this time.

Hi. I was at Frecheville from 1953 - 1960 and then went to Chesterfield Tech to get some O levels.

I lived on Basegreen Close at number 19 about 50 yards down from John Eyre. He and I stole into the Rex Cinema when we were 13 to see the Wizard of Oz!! It was the first time I'd smoked a Woodbine. I was violently ill. Anyone from my class?

Janice Higgins, Vivian Hayes, Vicky Roberts, Heather Campbell (funny how I only seem to remember the girls...)

Miss Green was tough but inspiriational to me. She made me read books (Biggles was my first)

Mr Furness I always remember because we were discussing the universe and he asked who made GOD? At 12 years old this is a very disturbing question.

Mr Sharpe for maths had a bad limp.

Mr Bennett in art class I remember the potato prints

Also remember

Pirates at Xmas, ringing the school bell, being thrown in the gorse bushes, drawing a picture for maths class and getting 3 house points, getting caned. Many times

Happy days

Hi: My name is Janet Higgins, I have a twin sister Linda do you remember us? We left Sheffield 1965 to come to Canada, still visit Sheffield every year, always a Yorkshire Lass at heart :)

I used to go out with a Hilary Watson,that was a great loss to me when she ditched me,my fault though,still think of her after all this time.

Im sure a Ken Hollingsworth was in my class at Birley school

---------- Post added 26-04-2013 at 12:49 ----------

Do you remember Ken Hollingsworth lived on Basefreen drive and Dicky Crookes, they were in the school football team?

Did Ken go to Birley school,I remember a Ken Hollingsworth in my class at school.

Hi Anita , I 'm david Joel I lived on silkstone road.

my name was bingham in those days. brothers were roy, michael and john also got an older sister doreen