Which is the best Jewelry shop in Sheffield?

A guy at work is looking to spend around £3500 on an engagement ring for his missus. Where is the best place in Sheffield to get a decent engagement ring?

He's heard there is a place called Green and Bends (I may have spelt the name wrong) but he can't seem to find it on the internet - plus anybody know if its any good?

I think that place is on Division Street? Not sure what it's like though?

Forget the Jewlers in town. Your paying for their shop front. PA Jewelers in Walkely are very good.

Good selection, very knowledgable and they have a work shop so can do any alterations. If he goes for a diamond and the jewler can't tell him anything about the stone (most city centre jewlers) then walk away.

If you buy ffrm them they'll also re polish etc before the wedding for free.

A guy at work is looking to spend around £3500 on an engagement ring for his missus. Where is the best place in Sheffield to get a decent engagement ring?

He's heard there is a place called Green and Bends (I may have spelt the name wrong) but he can't seem to find it on the internet - plus anybody know if its any good?

Ooh, lucky girl.

Do you think Green and Benz is value for money (even though expensive) or overpriced and paying for the name??

George at Broomhill is very good, makes one off pieces to order.

3.5k on a ring?

burger that! sooner spend it on a safari for both of us or sommat :)

Still...each to his own.

Which makes me wonder...what do people spend on these rings?

I can't help feeling like so many things that you add a special word (engagement/wedding/birth) to the name of the item (ring) and up goes the price for no good reason.

i agree with PJ at Walkley, my engagement ring was from there and its beautiful, my partner had it designed and made especially for me and it wouldn't have cost that much either (he's a bit hopeless with money so know he wouldn't have saved that much lol)

Forget the Jewlers in town. Your paying for their shop front. PA Jewelers in Walkely are very good.

Good selection, very knowledgable and they have a work shop so can do any alterations. If he goes for a diamond and the jewler can't tell him anything about the stone (most city centre jewlers) then walk away.

If you buy ffrm them they'll also re polish etc before the wedding for free.

Seconded, although it does depend what you want. They didn't have anything we liked (and could afford - although that doesn't seem to be a likely problem in this case!) when I was looking for my missus. We went to Leslie Cass in town (opposite the town hall, on the road leading to the library) and I found them to be excellent - really friendly and helpful, even amidst all the indecision!