Starting work at the DWP..when?

Still no concrete info - when I phoned a couple of days ago the person I talked to told me that those getting the congratulations letter would get a job but she did not seem to know about waiting lists.

Also, I have been expecting written confirmation of my assessment test scores for use in future applications - did you get these?

Looks like another call.

..........No longer a forum member

Edited by evolution200

Edited by evolution200

Got my test scores back a couple of days ago - 6 weeks after test day.

Still no news about start dates so I guess I am now in the same boat as you waiting for direct contact from an office with vacancies.

Other irons in the fire now - I wonder how many unemployed (but keen to work) people are willing to wait in limbo on the off chance of a job some time in the future?

They must lose a lot of very suitable people.

Edited by evolution200

How long can you sign on for jobseekers allowance after you have been offered a job?

One of the conditions is that you are actively seeking work which, for most people, stops when offered a job.

What happens if you are offered a job but the start date is not for several weeks (or even months)?

Edited by evolution200

Edited by evolution200

HELLO THERE!!

Glad I have come across this forum... at least now I know Im not the only one...really wish I had seen it before.

Same old story - dwp have been messing me about for 6 MONTHS now and I am very angry and upset! Firstly because they have mis-advertsied the job vacancy and then every hr person I have actually managed to speak to has stringged me along, never telling me about the fact that there is a waiting list to start work...that really I could be waiting 1 month or maybe 12! The thing that really infuriates me is that if they had just been honest about the process in the beginning instead of hiding the truth and fobbing me off - I would have been happy to wait all this time because I could have done something productive..

BUT INSTEAD I HAVE WASTED THE LAST 6 MONTHS OF MY LIFE CALIMING BENEFITS, TURNED DOWN OTHER OPPORTUNITIES, AND GOT INTO DEBT!!!!!

I had my interview on the 25th April 2009 for an AO position IT IS NOW AUGUST! I got the same letter that other people on here have had saying I have been successful - I was over the moon as I had been unemployed for 6 months since finshing my degree...then went through all the waiting for the crb disclosure (that took them 3 months and then no one seemed to know what happened next)....I phoned constantly for months but no one ever picked up...when someone eventually did they just happened to be passing an empty desk and couldnt help...and no one ever bothered to call me back!

Maybe I should have given up and started looking for other jobs after the first couple of months...but then if your told you already have a job and keep being reassurred that you just need to wait a few more weeks for the crb/processing/business side - why would u bother??

THE DWP SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THIS!!! Its wrong and decietful on so many levels...to them Im just a number on a list but for me my whole life and family have been left dangling!!

Anyway thanks for reading...sorry for ranting...writing this is has been slightly theraputic. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

HELLO THERE!!

Glad I have come across this forum... at least now I know Im not the only one...really wish I had seen it before.

Same old story - dwp have been messing me about for 6 MONTHS now and I am very angry and upset! Firstly because they have mis-advertsied the job vacancy and then every hr person I have actually managed to speak to has stringged me along, never telling me about the fact that there is a waiting list to start work...that really I could be waiting 1 month or maybe 12! The thing that really infuriates me is that if they had just been honest about the process in the beginning instead of hiding the truth and fobbing me off - I would have been happy to wait all this time because I could have done something productive..

BUT INSTEAD I HAVE WASTED THE LAST 6 MONTHS OF MY LIFE CALIMING BENEFITS, TURNED DOWN OTHER OPPORTUNITIES, AND GOT INTO DEBT!!!!!

I had my interview on the 25th April 2009 for an AO position IT IS NOW AUGUST! I got the same letter that other people on here have had saying I have been successful - I was over the moon as I had been unemployed for 6 months since finshing my degree...then went through all the waiting for the crb disclosure (that took them 3 months and then no one seemed to know what happened next)....I phoned constantly for months but no one ever picked up...when someone eventually did they just happened to be passing an empty desk and couldnt help...and no one ever bothered to call me back!

Maybe I should have given up and started looking for other jobs after the first couple of months...but then if your told you already have a job and keep being reassurred that you just need to wait a few more weeks for the crb/processing/business side - why would u bother??

THE DWP SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THIS!!! Its wrong and decietful on so many levels...to them Im just a number on a list but for me my whole life and family have been left dangling!!

Anyway thanks for reading...sorry for ranting...writing this is has been slightly theraputic. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

This is more common than I care to think. Accept the next offer that comes along and until then do what you can to enjoy your freedom.

HELLO THERE!!

Hey, have you had any luck yet!? I am in exactly the same situation- passed the test and interview, then called the other day to check if they had my references and crb yet......

They said they had them but I'm 49th on the merit list so I wont be taken on yet- the woman couldn't give me a timescale and said nobody could tell me- I'm simply on the list for 12 months and have to wait! Does anybody know how many people roughly get taken on at a time and how long I may have to wait????????

I heard this week that ten jobs at the JC were up for grabs.

They appeared very briefly on the website before being removed.

700+ applicants.