Recommended areas to live

Both in our 60's my wife and I want to move in the area. Not in the City but a small town/Village within easy travelling distance. If someone could come up with some suggestions then I will know where to start .

We have some main criteria. Must be fairly near a railway station. Also able to get to the local main hospital easilly using public transport. I drive but my wife doesn't.

We also want to rent a property. Cannot go through all the hassle of buying again. A two bedroomed place would be nice and the budget in the region of £500 to £600 per month. Is that a reasonable rent for what we are aimong at?

A sort of market town would be nice with some nice walks in the countryside at hand.

Would welcome any siggestions please then maybe I will have some sort of a 'start point'.

Thanks a lot.

they is a nice and quiet village about 15 mins drive away from chesterfield called

renishaw

its a lovey village perfect to settle down in also its about 10 mins from Ekington which is also a nice little village

chapeltown in sheffield has a train station, is near motorway, near northern general hospital, good bus service lots of shops,

I grew up in Walkley, so I kind of have an affinity with the area, it's a very good area, particularly lower Walkley, as it's close to nearby Rivelin for countryside walks, and close to Hillsborough for shopping, access to public transport etc, and there's a few very nice Pubs in the area as well, such as the Sportsman, the Florist, the Crown, and the Heavygate Inn amongst others.

Hathersage is lovely. There is a railway station where small local trains operated by East Midlands Trains stop regularly & frequently on the Hope Valley line between Manchester and Sheffield. You'd need to check out the local hospitals, though. Renting a cottage in Hathersage shouldn't be too much of a problem, depending on what you can afford. Check on http://www.rightmove.co.uk/action/publicsite.PropertySearch to see what's available at the mo. Good luck.

Both in our 60's my wife and I want to move in the area. Not in the City but a small town/Village within easy travelling distance. If someone could come up with some suggestions then I will know where to start .

We have some main criteria. Must be fairly near a railway station. Also able to get to the local main hospital easilly using public transport. I drive but my wife doesn't.

We also want to rent a property. Cannot go through all the hassle of buying again. A two bedroomed place would be nice and the budget in the region of £500 to £600 per month. Is that a reasonable rent for what we are aimong at?

A sort of market town would be nice with some nice walks in the countryside at hand.

Would welcome any siggestions please then maybe I will have some sort of a 'start point'.

Thanks a lot.

Hope Valley.

Curber, Calver, Froggatt, Grindleford , Hathersage.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk S32

Alternatively if you want to be close into town.

Outibridge, Walkley and Hillsborough are good bets. Postcode S6.

Dore Village S17

area a few nice areas :-)

Grindelford, hathersage, bamford, all have stations to the west of Sheffield, and are pretty close, you could catch the train then a bus from the centre to any of Sheffields hospitals easily.

Have a look on google earth, just bear in mind not all the hospitals will show up yet as its a work in progress

Hi,

Thanks very much for your views and opinons-- it is very much appreciated. My wife is still working as a health care assistant. I am retired and in remission from cancer so will want access to a hospital for follow ups etc.

That property in Hathersage was too big for the two of us now. A two bedroomed would be just right so that e could put family and friends up etc for a few days.

Transport is a key issue- preferably a railway as I get free travel as a perk from my job after I had to retire. Good access to a large City like Sheffield would be ideal.

My wife and I like the Peak district area and Sheffield looks a City that is constantly improving with good transport links.

I will need to get to London fairly frequently as my daughter is there.

I am getting much more drawn to this part of the world.

Once again, thanks for all your help.

You should also consider places available by the tram into the city of Sheffield. I live in Oughtibridge which is unfortunatley a couple of miles from the tram but there are good bus services. Oughtibridge has a village atmosphere with a small number of shops but is only 7 miles from the centre. It is also right on the edge of green belt so access to the countryside is good too.

Rivelin/Lower Walkley is also at the end of the tram line (Malin Bridge) - It has easy access to the countryside and easy access to the excellent local shops in Hillsborough. It is also only four(ish) miles from the centre.

Good luck with your search!