Where's the Gay Scene?

Originally posted by Meaks

I went to Barbara&Soos - I had had too much gin beforehand to be fair, but to be honest it was ****. Overpriced, hardly anyone there, out of the way and the music wasn't getting anyone dancing. The Star room (or whatever its called when i finally found it, after I had staggered about the ice rink) was done out OK. I try and support these things but I won't bother going all the way down there again.

And yes the Roebuck is pretty queer Friday and Saturday nights :)

Might bump into you this weekend then Mr Meaks! :D

K x

Did anyone else from here go to Climax last night? As I was queueing to get in, there was some kind of trouble in the lobby, and a guy ended up getting pinned down by about 5 bouncers while shouting at them that they were homophobic? Did anyone else witness this? Would have been about 23:10.

It's really unusual to see trouble on the gay scene IMO. If you do, it's normlly a lovers tiff between a couple of the ladies! :D

K x

I didn't go to the one last night (unfortunatley) but I went to the one before that last month (for the first time) and a fight broke out on the dance floor while I was there.

I was with DaBouncer and, of course him being a bouncer, he broke it up (bless him) but I don't know what is was about?

I think it was a girl and a bloke fighting too which is odd in a gay venue! :)

Originally posted by sparklesista

I didn't go to the one last night (unfortunatley) but I went to the one before that last month (for the first time) and a fight broke out on the dance floor while I was there.

I was with DaBouncer and, of course him being a bouncer, he broke it up (bless him) but I don't know what is was about?

I think it was a girl and a bloke fighting too which is odd in a gay venue! :)

Trust DaB to go making himself the hero! :hihi: I guess he is useful to have around though! Seriously, I've been going out on the gay scene in Sheffield for about seven years now, and can count on the fingers of one hand how many times I've seen any trouble. :thumbsup: Maybe it's all changing... :(

K x

Now that IS unusual. I didnt go this time because of work.

I would recommend Moist to thise who havent been. Its at the new hallam student union. Bit steep at £6 with those that arent a student with a card, but it is good and still new so it has that buzz about it. Is on the last thursday of each month.

Originally posted by JohnnyBoi

Now that IS unusual. I didnt go this time because of work.

I would recommend Moist to thise who havent been. Its at the new hallam student union. Bit steep at £6 with those that arent a student with a card, but it is good and still new so it has that buzz about it. Is on the last thursday of each month.

Is that the old NCPM?

K x

8) Nah Den Ace....

I'm wanting to go down to the Hush Puppy this Saturday.... Does anyone know if you have to be a homowner to get in?

Regards,

Spacehopper.

:clap:

I was there on Friday night but was inside by 11.30 so didn't see anything in the lobby.

Had a fab night, met some lovely people.

There was a bit of a scuffle last month because a guy pushed a girl and when she said something he hit her (?) She was a pretty tall girl who hit back, that was about it really.

Originally posted by Hels

I was there on Friday night but was inside by 11.30 so didn't see anything in the lobby.

There was a bit of a scuffle last month because a guy pushed a girl and when she said something he hit her (?) She was a pretty tall girl who hit back, that was about it really.

You didn't see me and Peter strutting our funky stuff then Hels? :D

K x

Originally posted by Hels

Was she blonde?

Originally posted by DaBouncer

Was she blonde?

Did you go to the rescue again DaB? :D You'll be getting a medal on 'Hearts of Gold' if you're not careful! ;)

K x

Originally posted by Kristian

Did you go to the rescue again DaB? :D You'll be getting a medal on 'Hearts of Gold' if you're not careful! ;)

K x

Macho macho.. I want to be a macho man :P

Nah it sounds like the fight I split up last month.