Older Renault make the best cars

RENAULTS have good engines now but there is far too many sensors and mad electrics ready to cause problems on.

I

Renaults have rubbish engines. They are let down by the huge array of electronic sensors which bail out at any given time. Coil packs which just go puff and electrics which are worse than a fiats.

Renaults have rubbish engines. They are let down by the huge array of electronic sensors which bail out at any given time. Coil packs which just go puff and electrics which are worse than a fiats.
Coil packs go puff on all cars, they are the most ridiculously temperamental and over sensitive device ever invented. I have a Saab and always carry a spare one with me and I also run a petrol Transit at work and have spares for that too as it goes through them at a great rate.

Coil packs go puff on all cars, they are the most ridiculously temperamental and over sensitive device ever invented. I have a Saab and always carry a spare one with me and I also run a petrol Transit at work and have spares for that too as it goes through them at a great rate.

Not true. I have a 3 year old Nissan and it hasnt failed me once.

Maybe not on Jap stuff but point I was making is that it is not an exclusively Renault problem, crap though they are.

Like I said renaults have good engines but they have too many electrical gadgets waiting to break, and regards to nissans well you are on your own on that one pal, because all they are good for is me taking them to brampton raceway and knocking ten bells out of them around the track until someone writes me off.

Funny though no renaults there????????

Funny though no renaults there????????

They don't usually last long enough to get there :) Having said that I'm a T(ow) V(ehicle) R(equired) driver.

PS Am I right in thinking that Renault took a controlling interest in Nissan back in 2001.

older renaults late80-95 are the best vehicles to own 19/21/25 are some examples.

I would agree that Renault's from the 80-95 seem to last.

I own a Renault 19, 1.4 Energy TS Model. 1989.

It's done 89,000 miles, uses very little oil, runs really well. My only complaint is

the clutch cables break every 2 years. I changed mine 3 times in the 6 years I have had the car. It's a pig to replace. Even the RAC say this is the main reason for the call out with this car. Does anyone know of a cable that will last?

PS Am I right in thinking that Renault took a controlling interest in Nissan back in 2001.

Yes that is true, they have an "alliance" whereby each bought shares in the other although Renault seem to own more of Nissan than Nissan do Renault who are 40%+ owned by the French Government. Despite this Renault do not appear to enjoy the superior engineering expertise of Nissan.

I have an G reg renualt espace and love it. Not the fastest thing in the world though. It aint funny when an old lady with a walking stick over takes you. :D

Yes that is true, they have an "alliance" whereby each bought shares in the other although Renault seem to own more of Nissan than Nissan do Renault who are 40%+ owned by the French Government. Despite this Renault do not appear to enjoy the superior engineering expertise of Nissan.

They have a share in the company. However Renault dont seem to have taken Nissans superior engineering. Nissan have always been good at making cars that dont break down. Renault on the other hand!

well iv had them and scraped them froggy cars what a pile of rubbish,

my renault i ordered new parts from gt cars down by the silver blades.after waiting 2 years and many phone calls i did not get the parts,and it saved me more expence by scraping it,their all rubbish even clios...just carnt get the parts,and the engines well thats another story...a right lump of rubbish...