Lib Dems to slash increases in council tax in Sheffield

Sour grapes warning. I take it your party didn't do too well on Thursday!

All the parties on offer are totally useless; however, if I had voted it would have been conservative party.

Before anybody jumps on the "he's complaining and didn’t vote bandwagon", I was intending on voting but did not get back from work in time...

Just makes me laugh at the level of hypocrisy.

All the parties on offer are totally useless; however, if I had voted it would have been conservative party.

Before anybody jumps on the "he's complaining and didn’t vote bandwagon", I was intending on voting but did not get back from work in time...

You must work very very very very long hours.

You must work very very very very long hours.

Why ? please explain.

Why ? please explain.

10am - 11pm opening hours at polling stations.

I have never known anyone post so often on their own thread. I thought the Forum was for public debate not a soap box.

You won't get a refund. In fact Council Tax won't get lower than what it is now, the increases just won't be as great.

Plus the City Council is only one precepting authority - South Yorkshire Police Authority and South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service also have a precept which will increase year on year and you may also live in a part of town which has to pay to a parish council.

And how comes you think the credit crunch has got anything to do with the level of Council Tax??

I can assure you it doesn't!

10am - 11pm opening hours at polling stations.

It was 7 am until 10 pm in Sheffield. And you could have always have applied for a postal vote, Gazza, if you were really serious about wanting to cast your vote. :)

Personally, although I'm only on a low income, I'd prefer to pay slightly more Council Tax and ensure proper services for all, than maybe save a couple of pounds a month.

Why not vote by post? I got mine earlier in the week so had plently of time to send it off.

Why not vote by post? I got mine earlier in the week so had plently of time to send it off.

I was planning on attending, on the day I had to attend a meeting in London, due to traffic I did not make it back in time...

And how comes you think the credit crunch has got anything to do with the level of Council Tax??

I can assure you it doesn't!

Did I say it did, just a headline to get people to into the thread....

The beauty with taxation is that the junta can subject the proles to whatever they see fit and (as in the case of the 10p tax) backtrack if it proves too unpopular or unworkable .... The rest of it is just a case of suck it and see if the stupid buggers accept it.