Being a medium - How does it work?

Guest Mod_Man
why not go to a spiritlist church to their open circle and and see what happens, am sure you will be surprised

I should also ask why should I go? I know I should go for the experience but if a spirit was concerned about contacting me would it not be better for the spirit to send the medium to me? How do I know I'm going to the right medium?

try whitham road church are the one in attercliffe bold street. I have been to the one in darnall much prefer bold street are whitham road, go and ask questions

From personal experience, a very good friend's sister began to have spirits contact her. She had visions and did hear voices. It was gruesome things like a murderer who needed her to kind of forgive him by having her see the murders again. She was actually quite disturbed by what she was experiencing and has since been baptised into a very full on church and is now very much into that, without the 'dark' spirits contacting her.

Hallucinations. I understand that Peter Sutcliffe experienced very similar. An alternative balance (in this case religion) will often cancel out the delusion.

Have a read of this piece by Richard Dawkins for one possible explanation. The bottom line is (IMO) that some people are 'hard wired' and some people are 'soft wired'.

why not go to a spiritlist church to their open circle and and see what happens, am sure you will be surprised

I would love to think that my family could reach me from " the other side" but it will never happen till i join them, there are many charletans out there just making money from people who are hoping for something that simply isnt real, which isn't fair...................

A CHALLENGE FOR MEDIUMS OUT THERE !

Please try and prove to me that its real, with no questions, no..." i see a J" <or any other letter of the alphabet>, just tell me something about one of my relatives who have passed on, i am not a cynic, just someone who needs proof before i believe in such things .

Feel free to PM me !!

:(

Guest Wyrd

I've attended various spiritualist churches over the years, and my experiences, it has to be said, were similar to yours Mod Man.

I'm not knocking spiritualism per se, but each time I've attended I've come away with the strong impression that the development circles had bred a group of rather misguided, apparently talentless practioners who sorely desired to have 'The Gift' - usually because a seventh son of a seventh son had told them as youngesters, Child, you have 'The Gift'. I found them frankly rather inept and clumsy, and came away feeling faintly amused and far from impressed.

Good solid questions - I'm looking forward to see what any mediums can contribute to this.

However I can imagine why mediums wouldn't want to reply and that is because any responses they give are sure to be ridiculed and that must be pretty tiresome.

It's the price you pay for insisting on absolute and utter rubbish having some basis to it. People who continually post that England is in Australia, also get ridiculed on a regular basis - or would if they were here. People who claim that the Earth is flat, that Elvis is still alive, that aliens built the pyramids or that they can speak to the dead ... they all get the same treatment. Come here with rubbish, and expect to be rubbished.

I saw Elvis yesterday in B&Q.............

Well.....they're good at employing pensioners aren't they lol

Guest Wyrd
It's the price you pay for insisting on absolute and utter rubbish having some basis to it.

But you could say the same of religion, which relies far more heavily on faith. People are entitled to their opinions and shouldn't be ridiculed for voicing them. They should, however, expect to be answerable for them.

Religion is more of a social construct than a solus delusion.

It's the price you pay for insisting on absolute and utter rubbish having some basis to it. People who continually post that England is in Australia, also get ridiculed on a regular basis - or would if they were here. People who claim that the Earth is flat, that Elvis is still alive, that aliens built the pyramids or that they can speak to the dead ... they all get the same treatment. Come here with rubbish, and expect to be rubbished.

Why? If it isn't rubbish TO THEM then it isn't rubbish. Even if something is imaginary, if it is significant in your life, then it is not rubbish.

Guest Wyrd
Religion is more of a social construct than a solus delusion.

The point I was trying to make Tony, perhaps badly, is that both groups of people, religious followers and in this case mediums, adhere to belief systems that currently lie outside of the established scientific framework. We can neither prove the existence of God nor paranormal communcation.

Both sets of believers should be allowed to hold their beliefs without fear of ridicule from bigots, but should expect to be answerable for holding them.