Being a medium - How does it work?

Guest Mod_Man
Oooh! :o

I agree, it's a better title. I just want someone to attempt to answer my questions and the sooner they realise I'm not taking the **** the better. I am really interested in how it works for the medium.

Guest Wyrd
I don't see why that is exploitative as they are both happy, why should anyone else be bothered by that?

Because if the medium is indeed fraudulent the sitter leaves with the false impression that they have communicated with their dead relative and that they have witnessed evidence of an afterlife. The sitter's money would be far better invested in counselling than a probable charlatan trying to supplement her income support.

Fairground mediums are usually considered as purely a form of entertainment, I agree.

Because if the medium is indeed fraudulent the sitter leaves with the false impression that they have communicated with their dead relative and that they have witnessed evidence of an afterlife. The sitter's money would be far better invested in counselling than a probable charlatan trying to supplement her income support.

Fairground mediums are usually considered as purely a form of entertainment, I agree.

You have a point, but people want to see them and you can't stop them and mediums are always going to be around.

Guest Wyrd
You have a point, but people want to see them and you can't stop them and mediums are always going to be around.

Sadly they can't be regulated, and although I'd like to see the practice stopped, I'm not personally trying to stop them.

Hi, I don't find the title provocative at all. I would be quite happy to discuss anything you want to know about mediumship. The government is bringing out new legislations (as I tried to make people aware of in a previous thread) and we are in the process of regulating, mediums, psychics, etc. I won't post any more on this forum as the last time I posted the criticism turned into defamation of character but if anyone really wants answers I will gladly try to give them if you PM or email me Or come along to one of my private teaching groups as a guest and see for yourself how people actually start to pick things up. Thanks for your time. BTW I am self employed and pay NI and Tax.

I'd be disappointed if you did stop posting sacredearth. :(

Obviously I don't hold with 'spirituality' but I'm more than interested in the subject as a whole and the hold that it has over so many people. I do hope that we can strike a happy medium (s'cuse the pun) and have a sensible discussion.

In an attempt to bring the thread back on topic, how does it work when you are doing a sitting? What's your experience of the process?

I agree with Tony please don't stop posting Sacredearth, we have lost enough members through all the nastiness of late and lessons need to be learned.

You are in a great position to answer questions that others cannot, and to help stamp out prejudice and misunderstanding (just a little).

Its nice to see that you are able to hold your head up and calmly answer for yourself without resorting to the type of behaviour that you were subjected to...that says a lot in my eyes, please stay :)

Hi, I don't find the title provocative at all. I would be quite happy to discuss anything you want to know about mediumship. The government is bringing out new legislations (as I tried to make people aware of in a previous thread) and we are in the process of regulating, mediums, psychics, etc. I won't post any more on this forum as the last time I posted the criticism turned into defamation of character but if anyone really wants answers I will gladly try to give them if you PM or email me Or come along to one of my private teaching groups as a guest and see for yourself how people actually start to pick things up. Thanks for your time. BTW I am self employed and pay NI and Tax.

I'm glad you like the title now- it was changed you see!:D

I'd really like to hear how it works too. You have been asked to share how it works- you are not sharing things with people who don't want to listen. I just really hope they let you say your piece as has been asked and not try to question everything. Don't stop posting! It's a blip!

Guest Wyrd

Stand up and be counted, Sacredearth, and try not to be quite so sensitive. If there's a problem with posts getting too personal, use the report button. They're pretty straightforward questions that are being put to you, all they require is an honest answer.

And I'm sure there's not just one medium out there. :roll:

Stand up and be counted, Sacredearth, and try not to be quite so sensitive. If there's a problem with posts getting too personal, use the report button. They're pretty straightforward questions that are being put to you, all they require is an honest answer.

And I'm sure there's not just one medium out there. :roll:

Honest answers don't always work due to people twisting your reply. As for the report button that doesn't always work either.

Thankyou to the people sending pm's as support.:)

Guest Wyrd
Honest answers don't always work due to people twisting your reply. As for the report button that doesn't always work either.

You'll always get that on a forum, as you would in real life. As long as your posts are clearly reasoned, twisted replies will be apparent to anyone with a modicum of common sense, just gloss over them and reply to another point.

And if the report button doesnt get the response you require, try emailing the mods for an explanation.

Mod note

If you want an explanation or you're not happy with a decision then you need to use the 'Contact Us' link in the left hand margin.

Let's keep this thread on topic.