Good Dentists - Netheredge/Sharrow/University?

Hi.

Having not actually been to the dentists for about 8 years, i think its kinda time for me to go.

I know i've got more chance of flying to the moon than getting an NHS one, so i'm probably going to have to go private.

Could anyone recommend a good one in Netheredge/Sharrow area (though I could travel a bit if necc) and what sort of prices for an initial checkup and clean and polish?

Also - anyone had good experience going to the Sheffield University School of Dentistry? I heard its free if you let the students do their stuff (which i don't have a problem with)....

Thanks for reading. :-)

I too thought i had no chance of an NHS dentist but was amazed to discover a local one advertising for NHS patients, which I had my first appointment at yesterday.

It's in Hoyland, about 12 miles North of Sheffield, so unless you're in the North of the city it may not be much use to you. However, it does suggest that the NHS dentist situation isn't quite as bad as has been reported in the media.