Charities collecting used stamps?

I've put an envelope full in to the post tonight Smilies

Thank you for sending them.

Sorry if i'm being thick, but how can a used stamp be of any value. :huh:

People collect them! People also collect random weird things like Carrier bags!!!!

I collected stamps as a child - long before computer games. I enjoyed it, now I started to break up my collection and sell them on ebay as I found the set in my parents attic. I actually sold my USA and Canada collection last night. Though that said I'm think of donating the remainder of the set somewhere like Western Park Hospital. There are some rather rare stamps in the collection. I collected stamps long before they became collectable so picking up a stamp here and there and finding you have a Penny red and Penny blue in your collection is great though not as rare as the Penny black!:D

Some charities that take stamps insist on a certain amount of paper left around the stamps, others don't, so check first!

I had a box of stamps given to me, with some cut close to the stamp, which some charities refused - donated them to a animal sanctuary in Sri Lanka, who accepted my offering - via someone working at Royal Hallamshire Hospital.

Personally, I'd have preferred to have given them to a charity dealing with humans, but was glad to have given them to someone who could use them.