C.B. Radio in Sheffield

just set back up after 12yrs still loads of people on carnt beleive it. just carnt think of an angle to use dont want to use old one its rubbish.any sugestions anyone.is anyone on the forum still use cb let me know :thumbsup:

I'm on CB occasionally..

Where abouts are you in Sheffield ?

Fantastic Thread

I used the old CB years ago (around 25) it was all AM then, we used to be scared to death of getting caught. Then they introduced the FM band and legalised it. That was the death of the old AM and it introduced CB to the youngsters, and spoilt it

Still it was fun while it lasted!

Pete (stutterer CB handle) no I dont!

we were on the cb from the very 1st day it was legal until about 1991. i didnt go on the cb much i only talked to a few people my handle was scarlet first then i changed it to the soceress but my husband used to talk to a lot of people his handle instant mash but everyone called him mashy and most still do, and he still as quite a few friends who he as known since the beginning of the cb days and i can name a few handles that he as spoke to

sweeney, mk2,paleface,drifter,leatherback,yorkie man, midget gem, column change,grizly adams, silver fox 2,mystery lady, strider, porcupine, tiptop,trophy.daybreak,martini lady, apple pie, apple crumble, cosmic alien, sunny jim, diamond cutter, rough diamond, jackdaw, half pint, satan sun, general lee, desperate dan, midnight mover, teddy girl, opal lady, cant think of any more at the moment

his dads handle jaywalker and his mums coconut kisses but was shortened to coco.

My Handle was Carrot Gold & Red Leather

I went to the Pack horse Breakers around 1983 where I met my 1st husband Gary (The Weaver).

Red alert went out with one of my mates and Sharon (Good eyes) was a good mate but we lost touch after she got wed. Craig (Sweet meat) use to think he was a bit of a ladies man.

Ahhhh Memories

hi yes there are still loads of people on cb been on a week now its great NUCAD did you fix your cb up ?:)

Originally posted by Trever

I remember all of this gang. I'm still good friends with Allen Inspector Gadget and Ronny Take Two who now lives in Irland, Haven't seen Shane Pintpot for a long time though.

I also remember - Dave Din lead, Sharon Good Eyes, Dave Silver Link, Mick Headbanger, Andy Redeye, Craig Sweet Meat, Nige Red Alert, etc.

Ronnie actually came over to visit a couple of years ago, I went out for a drink with him and dave (dinlead) and daves girlfriend.. I remember getting very drunk and going to casbah with ronnie. I bet we actually know each other .. small world. :)

hi can anyone remember any of these people on the cb megadrive,slim jim,white rose,apple charlotte,robocop,trident,angel warrior and ice man these are all people that are still on cb today as i speak to them all just want to know who remembers them all cheers:thumbsup:

i was knows as backbeat and the people i remember are wonder woman night nurse maverick hijack fisherman scatman supersmurf shadow and meridian

I was on the CB in the 80s my handle was Guy Fawkes my 20 was Malin Bridge When I tried to talk to my girlfriend I'd get breaker on the side & before long I was running a big circle of breakers The bucketmouths Mikekeyers music players etc are the main reason why most decent breakers packed it in

The mobile phone & Internet now keep friends in touch without any hassle

Strange as it may seem got back in touch with 2 old cbers just recently through Sheffield Forum & the CB threads

Wonder how many of my old CB buddies from the 80s are members of this Forum

Bloody Hell!!

Never thought i'd see a CB thread on here!:o :o

here's a few more handles if anyone can remember them.

I was Jet Set Willy 'er indoors was Panache anyone remember the HM's? i still work with HM2. Hmmmmm lets see.......Aladdin Highwayman Jive Bunny Lady diamonds Red Tape Polar Bear Nutcracker Walking Stick :heyhey:

Might fire up the old Murphy home base:loopy: :loopy:

le truc cela pour une alouette

God I remember being on the CB meeting people at the old Asda, some great nights spent at the asda I cant remember many handles only one I can remember is whitelightening. There were always plenty of people knocking around doing mental stuff and trying as hard as possible to talk someone into putting the kettle on.

Can anyone remember top of the world the place to park at Catcliffe?