C.B. Radio in Sheffield

well if its not dave transcom ;) hows it goin mi ol fruit

only increase and retract you antana by a few inchs at a time mate 13 feet is to small for the band width ;) .9 feet would work as it has to be equal or half the size ye and also check your grounding is ok .if not run a copper cable to ground ye should bring swr down .but make shure the cable is equal to your antena in length or half

Hmmm, your saying that 13 feet is too short but that I should reduce it to 9 feet, strange, I don't understand why making it shorter than 13 feet would sort it, you will have to explain.

Anyways, I shall be trying various things out when I have got the rig set up again, dunno if any of you lot heard me the other day, I went driving around Sheffield in a Volvo and got chatting to a few people on the rig, I was receiving one guy who is based up at Northern General while we drove through Batemoor, Dronfield and Barnsley all the way up the M1 to Stocksbridge, pretty good I thought.

Is any one still in touch with Red Alert( Nidge) or Good Eyes (Sharon). I would love to say "Hi" not seen them for ages. :smile:

There used to be a sandwich wagon at the end of the Wicker towards Attercliffe. Back in the 80's all the CB freaks used to head down there to meet up and grab a steak sarnie at about 2 in the morning. Cb's cost a few relationships back then, bloke works all day his bird on the CB all night.Looby Lou is one handle I remember, and although no more CB, she is still known by it today.

Who says i were talkin bout my driving!!!:D

well wat can i say you still the same then

:roll:

well wat can i say you still the same then

:roll:

And........Wots wrong with that :)

what was your handle if u dont mine me asking ?
hi janine how ya getting on its joanne ladybird from years ago

what was your handle if u dont mine me asking ?
hi janine its joanne ladybird from years ago