C.B. Radio in Sheffield

jol its not custard cream that nos me its transcom that doesread the pages before writin:hihi:

Hi fellow CB'ers....

I have managed to acquire a CB rig from a friend, it is a mobile set up that I am using as a home base, I used to be on the CB many, many years ago as Monkey Magic, ah, the memories from the 80's....

Anyways, I am planning on getting myself a decent set up from Bardwells or somewhere else, not sure yet, so, I am on the air at the moment and will be on permanently at a later date, guess what my handle will be - yup, you guessed it, Kryten.....lol, I have already spoken to one guy in Arbourthorne, a chap called Maniac, personal was Lee, he was a nice gent who was very helpful.

At the moment I can easily get down Hillsborough and I am up Stannington, so, not too bad considering it is a tiny mag mounted whip, nothing fantastic, might do better when I get a decent twig, so, listen out for me and give me a shout.

hi scatman haw are you.and why a racing driver your not that good lol

:hihi: i know most of you HIHIHI :hihi: RON TEK2 was good mates with ronnie really good kid and dave i know you:hihi: as well i was :o not telling :P :P :P :P

hi scatman haw are you.and why a racing driver your not that good lol

I could be if you let me show you ;)

While I am on this thread, I wondered if anyone could give me some help...

I went to Bardwells and purchased a CB aerial, it is a Venom 1/2 Wave, I also bought an SWR meter, I have SWaR'd it and I am getting a very high reading, about 6.0 when I know it should be down the bottom at around 1.0 - 2.0.

I know that to alter that reading I should alter the length of the aerial, which I have tried, but, it does not seem to make any difference, I have never attempted this before, I am not even sure if it might be the coax or the ground plane, I have the aerial bracketed onto my balcony, it is a mini shared balcony on a maisonette, and I would have thought that this was suitable, so, if anyone can offer some suggestions or advice, give me a shout please.

I have tested another aerial on the SWR meter, a small mobile twig on a magmount which I stick to the underside of my window which is all metal, it is a big metal sheet kind of thing, when I test it on the meter, it gives the right amount, between 1.0 and 2.0, so, something is definately wrong somewhere.

:rolleyes: hi your coax cable needs to be checked other than than your SWR meter is wrong .But sounds like your cable as a break in it

The Coax is brand new, just bought it, so, not sure if it is that, I have been told to reduce my aerial to 13 foot, it currently is at 18 foot, so, when I have the rig set up again I shall be trying that out.

I could be if you let me show you ;)[/quote

iv seen you drive . been there done that sceared s*#tless

only increase and retract you antana by a few inchs at a time mate 13 feet is to small for the band width ;) .9 feet would work as it has to be equal or half the size ye and also check your grounding is ok .if not run a copper cable to ground ye should bring swr down .but make shure the cable is equal to your antena in length or half